X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lump on testicle

Hi I'm 22 and about 5 days ago I found a lump on my right testicle. Its aBout one third the size of a pea it only hurts if I get I put too much pressure on it. Its located on the bottom right side. A couple of years ago I had some pain and had a ultra sound done and they found out the pain was caused from a verclose vein on my right testicle. My question is could this lump be the a swollen vein or something more seriouse I can feel a vein right nexted to it. Thanks

Originally posted by k0238284 View Post
    Hi I'm 22 and about 5 days ago I found a lump on my right testicle. Its aBout one third the size of a pea it only hurts if I get I put too much pressure on it. Its located on the bottom right side. A couple of years ago I had some pain and had a ultra sound done and they found out the pain was caused from a verclose vein on my right testicle. My question is could this lump be the a swollen vein or something more seriouse I can feel a vein right nexted to it. Thanks
    Hi Matey,

I'm sure some of the experts will post soon. From my own life I had some lumps that the ultrasound said was fine 4 years ago, and turned out to be not fine last month. So whatever the past diagnoses was does not automatically mean its fine now. Some tumors cause pain, some don't. They do however change over time.

It could be nothing, but lumps on the testicle itself are usually not good (could be a cyst etc). Your best bet is to see your Dr and get another ultrasound done, and from there see a urologist (order may depend on your country). You could also get blood tests done that look for markers.

Don't put it off, make an appointment as soon as you can, and let us know how it goes.
    Initial diagnoses: Elevated hCG, Left I/O 17-June-2010. Prosthetic implant.
    Pathology: Stage 1b, Seminoma/Teratoma
    Treatment: Surveillance. hCG normalised 07/10
    Relapse: Elevated hCG. 3xBEP finished 24/01/2011

Comment

Hi,

TGlover is right, getting an ultrasound is the best way to know if it's anything to be worried about. You should also get tumor markers but not all testicular cancers present themselves with elevated markers.

Let us know what the results are. We're here for you.

Mary Ann
      CaregiverSon Josh 23yr Dx 3/5/08 IIIC NonSeminoma affected lung, kidney liver back & tumor/clots in vena cava & celiac artery 3/7/08 L I/O 3/30/08 PostOp surgery 4XEP (VP16 & Cisplatin) 3/12-5/25 LDH > 5000 & AFP 145 (3/5 pre-op) LDH 563 & AFP 4 (5/26 after 4Xchemo) off blood thinners 3/18/09 Surveillance per Dr E 8/4/08 *1/2012 ALL CLEAR!

Self 1/29/09 dx thyroid cancer metastasized to right lung 2/10 thyroid removd 4/17 rx RA131 5/11/10 &7/16/10. 1/12survellience

Comment

I scheduled a exam for wed was hoping to get in earlier but that was all they had. Sometimes it feels like the bump gets smaller I can feel a swollen vein right next to it so I'm hoping its just a verclose vein but I searched all over the net and it never says that a verclose vein causes a lump right on the testicle. I'm not to worried because I know I found the lump really early. What worries most is chemo and the weight I would lose because I live in the gym and I don't want to see all my hard work destroyed in a months time. Plus removing a testicle would lower my test levels would drop just frustrated I never get sick and this happens

Comment

Mate - run with the ultra sound and check back with the results.

Your overall healthyness with TC is not a factor but should it be a TC then this could assist with any recovery, But lets see what the scan shows.

Regards

Kiwi
          >>>>>>>>>
          TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
          TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

get it checked out just in case, it is always better to be safe then sorry
            Diagnosed Sept 26th 2008 Both AFP and HGC slightly elevated 1.1cm Lump found right testicle with small satellite lesions, CT scan negative.
            Right Radical Orcidectomy Oct 2nd 2008
            Markers Normalized 1 Week Post Surgery on to surveillance
            End of Nov AFP rose to 44.5, CT scan Negative
            3xBEP Dec-Feb
            March-APF normalized on to surveillance again
            May 6th-CT 4.5cm tumor in abdomen, tumor markers normal.
            RPLND May 26th 2009 found teratoma
            On to surveillance
            All Clear as of Sept 2011

Comment

Working...
            X