X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shrinking testicle??

hello. i am new to this site but am glad i came across it because of some things that have come up with myself that i feel i need some answers to.

i wasnt to familiar with TC until i found out some1 i know got diagnosed with it. so i decided to, just for the hell of it, go to the doctor and have him take a look. especially since i thought i felt something on top of my testicle. he said he felt it was a vein but sent me for an ultrasound to be on the safe side. thankfully he was correct and everything was fine. now, a few months later i have some TC concerns all over again.

now i know, this might seem ignorant or stupid of me, but i had no idea that TC wasnt just a lump that was palpable on the testicle itself, but it could also be something that grows INSIDE THE TESTICLE!! now of course i am worried thats what i could have because of these random pains i get in my left testicle and down my left thigh. the only reason i wasnt worried at first was because i had these pains even before i had my ultrasound and nothing was found. my doc had suggested it could be epididimitis but i wasnt prescribed any meds for it since i had said the pain is on and off. but now that i know that a lump could be in the testicle im worried thats what i have. especially since i read that shrinking testicles are a symptom of TC!!! now this might sound crazy because i always felt my testicles to make sure i felt no lumps, but now that i know them shrinking is a symptom i feel like the one in question has shrunk!! how crazy is that?? i think its all in my mind.

but my question is if the testicles were shrinking, how small would they get to realize its a serious problem. i am so worried and paranoid i called the nurses hotline on my insurance card and asked them and they told me that testicles should be the size normally of a walnut or a little bigger. but didnt really compare them to anything as to how small they could get. so could any1 help me out?? any1 reading this probably thinks im crazy! lol. but info from some1 who knows facts would help a whole lot!.

I'm pretty sure an ultra sound would still pick up the tumor if it was on the inside of the testicle.
    6/16/11: Regular doctor appointment, ask for examination because right is larger than left.

6/17/11: US shows left has 1 cm growth. Saw urologist later that day, suggests I/O. Surgery scheduled for 6/29/11.

6/21/11: No tumor markers found.

6/29/11: Postpone surgery to get 2nd opinion.

7/1/11: 2nd opinion says I need I/O. Schedule new surgery date for 7/18.

7/11/11: CT Scan

7/18/11: I/O

Comment

Mate -second to say that the ultra sound is very accurate, why the question about a shrinking testicle - is this occuring? This might occur or the texticle might increase in size or just stay the same.

If the Ultra should showed nothing thats good - keep an "eye" on it and if you have concerns see the doc again.

Kiwi
      >>>>>>>>>
      TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
      TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Originally posted by broo0203 View Post
        I'm pretty sure an ultra sound would still pick up the tumor if it was on the inside of the testicle.
        A tumor in the testi would be spotted by the US. My suggestion to you is to have a second US done seeing as it will probably be the only way to get this off your mind. If the second one comes back clear, as I suspect it will based on your post, please relax.
        Best,

Zsolt

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another; "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S Lewis

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

Mass found 11/20/08
        Left I/O 11/25/08
        Pathology: Seminoma, Stage 1
        Surveillance: All Clear since

Comment

thank you all for your responses!

i did actually have an ultrasound back in late march and everything was fine. obviously it is now july so only a few months later since having that ultrasound. i dont know how i would go back and ask for another ultrasound 3 1/2 months later. i have only started to think that my left testicle was shrinking since i read it was a sign of TC. before i knew that i never noticed any difference. so to me it seems its more of a mind thing. so can any1 tell me what other symptoms i should be feeling since im not feeling any hard pea sized lumps anywhere. this doctor may think i have more brain issues than testicle issues if i go back again. and im pretty sure if i do go back again and hopefully nothing will be wrong, that i will start to think something is wrong again ina few months. how do i stop from feeling that way? i need facts!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrkrazy View Post
            i have only started to think that my left testicle was shrinking since i read it was a sign of TC.
            Bingo! Dr. Google does that to you all the time. The only thing that has grown faster than Googles stock price is the speed at which it has become the hypochondriacs drug of choice. You want answers, well very bluntly, stop surfing for symptoms. Speak to your doc and if he believes that it is more in your head, but you really feel different, get a 2nd US even if you had one in March. Then you can put it to rest and stop Googling "Cancer". That is the only answer.
            Best,

Zsolt

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another; "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S Lewis

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

Mass found 11/20/08
            Left I/O 11/25/08

Comment

well i did visit my GP. sucks because i wanted the urologist but hes away for 2 weeks. so i had to settle for the GP. and he felt around and said that the shrinking of a testicle is one of the least common symptoms of TC. and i mentioned my concern of a possible lump being inside the testicle itself and not being able to feel it and he told me if that was the case more than likely the testicle would enlarge not shrink. soo im still confused. not the answer i was looking for. any1 who could confirm or deny those statements??? im also kind of stuck because i dont know what my insurance situation is reguarding another ultrasound. i also wanted this to be over and done with before the next 2 weeks because my birthday is in 2 weeks and i didnt want to worry about this. looks like thats not gonna happen.

and last thing... is it possible for testicles to fluctuate in size?? is that a sign or is that not even possible? because i feel like i check so often since im worried about this, at one point it seems they are smaller than usual and if i check like a few minutes later they seem normal....

Comment

A tumor inside the testicle, although possible, is much less common than a hard lump on the testicle. Anything the GP or I say can have an exception you will find online. Further the chances of TC in both testicles at the same time is nearly zero. It sounds like short of a second US, this will keep playing on your mind and your fingers dancing on the keyboard.
                Best,

Zsolt

Mass found 11/20/08
                Left I/O 11/25/08

Comment

Working...
                X