Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

I'm sorry that I do not understand how your healthcare system works, but waiting over a month with a likely TC Dx is unacceptable where I live, my doc pushed the limits & I will never forgive him for that. I hope you have options to shorten the wait time.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Justin198
      • Apr 2012

My symptoms sound likely to be TC to you?

Comment

• john_ca
        • Mar 2012

TC can't be diagnosed on symptoms alone. You need to get an ultrasound to rule out the possibility of cancer. See you doctor next week. If you can't then I would drive to the closet town with a walk-in clinic to get the ultrasound requisition.
        John
        28 Years Old
        Canada

March 15, 2012 - Discovered lump on LT.
        March 30, 2012 - TC Cancer confirmed.
        April 5, 2012 - Left I/O (AFP: 15.3 b-hCG: 47 LDH: 80)
        April 20, 2012 - Chest x-ray clear! <3
        April 28, 2012 - CT clear! <3 .. markers normalized
        May 8, 2012 - 100% EC (1.4x1.1x1.1 cm) pT1, Nx, Mx
        May 8, 2012 - On surveillance!

Comment

• Davepet
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by john_ca View Post
          TC can't be diagnosed on symptoms alone. You need to get an ultrasound to rule out the possibility of cancer. See you doctor next week. If you can't then I would drive to the closet town with a walk-in clinic to get the ultrasound requisition.
          Exactly. Anything abnormal should probably be treated with some urgency until proven to be something else. It's likely not TC, but if it is, sooner is better.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Justin198
            • Apr 2012

Well good news, I was able to push my appointment with my GP to next Tuesday

Comment

• Justin198
              • Apr 2012

By the way I appreciate all the advice and help everyone here has given, good to know that whatever the outcome I have some support here. You all seem like great guys.

Comment

• Jules
                • Apr 2012

Justin,

Push him for an ultrasound and the TC blood markers, don't let him fob you off, I was fobbed off, actually for over 20 years with a type of TC tumor.

Make a list of what you want to say, if he gets arrogant like I'm the DR, tell him you have been on a real TC forum and spoke to dozens of real TC patients and that you know what your talking about.

Best of luck, and don't let him make you wait weeks, it's your health not his.
                Jan 2012 - Pain and swelling
                March 2012 - return to Doc
                March 2012 - Ultra sound detects 4 cm mass
                April 2012 - I/O
                April 2012 - Mature (differentiated) teratoma
                April 2012 - CT Scan no abnormalities found

Comment

• Justin198
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                  Justin,

Push him for an ultrasound and the TC blood markers, don't let him fob you off, I was fobbed off, actually for over 20 years with a type of TC tumor.

Make a list of what you want to say, if he gets arrogant like I'm the DR, tell him you have been on a real TC forum and spoke to dozens of real TC patients and that you know what your talking about.

Best of luck, and don't let him make you wait weeks, it's your health not his.
                  Nah, my family doctor isn't like that he will fulfill my requests. Did you cancer spread anywhere outside your testicles in that 20 years if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• Jules
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Justin198 View Post
                    Nah, my family doctor isn't like that he will fulfill my requests. Did you cancer spread anywhere outside your testicles in that 20 years if you don't mind me asking?
                    I was in a way lucky, although I use that word with great reserve, I had a diffentiated (mature) teratoma, which is very slow growing that it is almost benign, but they can turn very nasty.

Can you imagine if I had had a more classic TC and represented my self months later when it had started to spread. So far it looks like it has not gone anywhere, but it wasn't the norm, I feel very let down by that Dr I saw all those years ago.
                    Jan 2012 - Pain and swelling
                    March 2012 - return to Doc
                    March 2012 - Ultra sound detects 4 cm mass
                    April 2012 - I/O
                    April 2012 - Mature (differentiated) teratoma
                    April 2012 - CT Scan no abnormalities found

Comment

• Justin198
                      • Apr 2012

I am glad to hear you are clear Jules

Comment

• cbvance
                        • Mar 2012

Ultrasound and Blood Markers

Good for you, I'm glad you got the appointment moved up. The GP should be able to order both the ultrasound and the blood markers then you can settle this matter. I messed around with my "swelling" for two months treating as an infection before I finally got the ultrasound. I had a swollen testicle 5 or 6 years ago and it was just an infection so I as hoping that was all it would be, of course once the ultrasound confirmed it was cancer I got in high gear and pushed for an IO ASAP.

Good luck with your dr visit.
                        03/16/2012 Ultrasound Diagnosis TC (Tumor 5.5 cm)
                        03/22/2012 Right I/O Pre-IO markers normal
                        03/28/2012 Pathology Classic pure Seminoma, pT1/N?/M0/S0
                        04/05/2012 CT Scan--Clear? (single 1.2 cm node External iliac)
                        05/03/2012 PET Scan CLEAR. All markers Normal.
                        05/04/2012 1 X CARBOPLATIN INFUSION (Chemo Lite)
                        09/02/2012 CT All Clear! (1 cm External Illiac Node)
                        04/04/2013 CT All Clear!

Comment

• Justin198
                          • Apr 2012

Now I'm starting to freak out, the lump hurts to touch now and my lower back not far above my bum is really sore. Tuesday can't come soon enough, going to spend the weekend at the cottage relaxing and trying to keep my mind off the possibilities in the future.

Comment

• Justin198
                            • Apr 2012

Saw GP today, he said he has very little concern that what I have is TC however he is sending me for an ultrasound tomorrow and refered me to a urologist who I should be seeing within a few weeks

Comment

• cbvance
                              • Mar 2012

over cautious

Originally posted by Justin198 View Post
                              Saw GP today, he said he has very little concern that what I have is TC however he is sending me for an ultrasound tomorrow and refered me to a urologist who I should be seeing within a few weeks
                              Never hurts to be over cautious. My CT Scan showed an enlarged external illiac node which the urologist said was nothing to worry about, but when I saw the onc today he says we gotta find out what that is. Scheduled PET for tomorrow and if that inconclusive we biopsy.

Its better to know, so you are doing the right thing to push for this.
                              Last edited by cbvance; 05-01-12, 08:36 PM.
                              03/16/2012 Ultrasound Diagnosis TC (Tumor 5.5 cm)
                              03/22/2012 Right I/O Pre-IO markers normal
                              03/28/2012 Pathology Classic pure Seminoma, pT1/N?/M0/S0
                              04/05/2012 CT Scan--Clear? (single 1.2 cm node External iliac)
                              05/03/2012 PET Scan CLEAR. All markers Normal.
                              05/04/2012 1 X CARBOPLATIN INFUSION (Chemo Lite)
                              09/02/2012 CT All Clear! (1 cm External Illiac Node)
                              04/04/2013 CT All Clear!

Comment

• Justin198
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by cbvance View Post
                                Never hurts to be over cautious. My CT Scan showed an enlarged external illiac node which the urologist said was noting to worry about, but when I saw the onc today he says we gotta find out what that is. Scheduled PET for tomorrow and if that inconclusive we biopsy.

Its better to know, so you are doing the right thing to push for this.
                                Best of luck to you man, I hope for the best!

Comment

Working...
                                X