X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing my mind...what do you think?

Hey guys I'm 36 yrs old , in the past month or two I feel some kind of a lump in my left testicle.
    It's small ,about half the size of a pea, and it is not attached to the testicle e.g. I can move it around in the scrotum. However to my feeling its quite solid...I need to also mention that my left testicle has always been smaller then my right. The testicle itself doesn't feel hard or anything and is the same size it's always been. I also had inguinal hernia surgery in my left side 5 yrs ago.

A few days ago I did a complete routine bloodwork and everything came out ok including LDH that was within normal range.

What do you think?? I'm too embarrassed to go to the doctor...and I can't stand the thought its cancer going to surgery chimo... I read some of the reviews here and it's terrifying...I know it's high cure rate but am not sure i want to go through this...

Should I self check again in a month and if the mass doesn't change than its probably ok?

Originally posted by Royhermano View Post
    A few days ago I did a complete routine bloodwork and everything came out ok including LDH that was within normal range.
    While it is good that your LDH is normal, that really doesn't mean much as far as TC is concerned.

What do you think??
    I think you need to see a doc sooner rather than later.

I'm too embarrassed to go to the doctor...and I can't stand the thought its cancer going to surgery chimo... I read some of the reviews here and it's terrifying...I know it's high cure rate but am not sure i want to go through this...
    I don't like to be this blunt, but that is nonsense. You have a medical problem that you need to see a doctor about in order to find out what is going on. Any bump on a testicle needs to be looked at by a doctor. To put off dong so can be putting your life in danger. If it is TC, it will not go away if you ignore it, it *WILL* kill you if not treated. The earlier it gets caught, the less treatment you might need, so stalling is not an option.

Should I self check again in a month and if the mass doesn't change than its probably ok?
    Nope, you should pick up the phone & make the first appointment you can get with your doc first thing in the morning. The odds are it will be nothing serious, but if it is, time is critical & only the doc can determine what the problem is, so you might as well get it over with & find out for sure.

Being embarrassed is normal, being concerned about treatments is normal, every one of the 8000 plus members of this forum have had to deal with these issues & we've all gotten through it. You can too. Get to your doctor ASAP, & please keep us posted on how it goes.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Dear friend,

Sorry if I will seem unpolite to you, but I'm going to say this thing to you for your sake: Don't hesitate, as Dave said before me, to call your doctor and to be visited more deeply. It can save your life! More quickly you move, more quickly you will get rid of this problem!

All the best !
      Frank

Comment

THanks

Thanks guys...I know I should see the doc but am terrified , you see now I suspect I have a tumor but once I see the doc there is an option that I will KNOW That I have tumor....and then my life is gonna turn upside down I will be that guy who has cancer and everybody feels sorry for, my family will be devastated, will have to leave work and my economic situation will deteriorate rapidly, will be going through surgeries and not be able to do basic functions by myself etc etc... i really admire you guys for going through this, I know that most of the chances i will not be able to make it mentally...you guys seems so strong about it.. Sorry for bringing this on I have nobody I can rely on to be truly supportive and not be devastated by the situation themselves instead of supporting me...

Until a month ago all my hair was all brown now I've been getting comments its getting white from all the stress...

Anyway eventually ill give in and see the doc....
        I wish everyone here good health.

Comment

So, first off, the majority of testicular lumps end up being benign in nature, so I wouldn't get depressed just yet. There are plenty of non-cancerous things that this could be. You DO NEED A DOCTOR'S EXAM to get the all-clear, so PLEASE go to a doctor, but from the way you describe it (as a lump that moves freely within the scrotum and is not attached in any way to a testicle), that is atypical of a testicular tumor (source: http://tcrc.acor.org/tcexam.html) and if I were you I wouldn't be so certain of a cancer diagnosis.

HOWEVER, PLEASE GO TO A DOCTOR, as only a medical professional can make a diagnosis. If something IS wrong, you'll be on top of it. If it's business as usual, you'll have some peace of mind.

Comment

Thanks guys...I know I should see the doc but am terrified , you see now I suspect I have a tumor but once I see the doc there is an option that I will KNOW That I have tumor....and then my life is gonna turn upside down I will be that guy who has cancer and everybody feels sorry for, my family will be devastated, will have to leave work and my economic situation will deteriorate rapidly, will be going through surgeries and not be able to do basic functions by myself etc etc... i really admire you guys for going through this, I know that most of the chances i will not be able to make it mentally...you guys seems so strong about it.. Sorry for bringing this on I have nobody I can rely on to be truly supportive and not be devastated by the situation themselves instead of supporting me...

Until a month ago all my hair was all brown now I've been getting comments its getting white from all the stress...

Anyway eventually ill give in and see the doc....
            I wish everyone here good health.
            Look my friend, may I share with you my situation ??? When I have received the diagnosis of the cancer (and the doctors said to me in a very rude way) I went out of the hospital to go home and I remember that outside was raining, I took a real shower but I wasn't able to "connect" my brain with anything. I had the surgery, unfortunately I have lost my left testicle, I have suffered but, like a sign of the destiny, four days after the diagnosis and the surgery, when I went out from the hospital to go home, outside the day was very sunny, calm and warm (although it was February). I want to tell this thing to you because you always have to think that every kind of obstacle can be overcome. I know it's scary when you don't feel good and experience some pains or strange events in your body, your mind starts to think about everything... But I also think, from what I have learnt with my cancer experience, that it's better to go through hell for some days and to start rebirthing again day by day once that the main danger is gone, than feeling terrified ("hey but what's happening to me", "naaah for sure it's nothing", "yes but why do I have these problems ?") and living with an ocean of question marks in our mind. I speak to you by the heart mate, go and see the doctors. You will find the answer to everything (and of course I wish to you that this issue won't be cancer). Consider also that in some cases people who were diagnosed with cancer (I cross the fingers you won't be one of them) after the initial shock, start to find inside themselves an incredible and positive strength and will power. And also their families become stronger and all united in order to fight the enemy and to throw it away! Don't think about stuff like "oh no, I will loose one testicle", "I will be half a man", "people will consider me as a poor soul" and so on... With or without (let's hope so for you) cancer, you are always the same, always unique!

All the best wishes !!!!
            Frank

Comment

Thanks guys...I know I should see the doc but am terrified , you see now I suspect I have a tumor but once I see the doc there is an option that I will KNOW That I have tumor....and then my life is gonna turn upside down
              Common, your life is already turned upside down because you do not know what is going on. Finding the answer to that will help settle your mind, even if the news is that you have TC. It is the not knowing that is causing you to be terrified. Once you know, it is just some new problem that needs to be dealt with.

I will be that guy who has cancer and everybody feels sorry for, my family will be devastated, will have to leave work and my economic situation will deteriorate rapidly, will be going through surgeries and not be able to do basic functions by myself etc etc...
              Assuming you actually do have TC, the sooner you find out & get treatment the less treatment you will need. Waiting won't make things better for you or your family, it will make it worse.

i really admire you guys for going through this, I know that most of the chances i will not be able to make it mentally...you guys seems so strong about it.. Sorry for bringing this on I have nobody I can rely on to be truly supportive and not be devastated by the situation themselves instead of supporting me...
              If you have TC, you will find that it is far easier to actually deal with TC than you are now imagining. Like anything else unpleasant, you just put one foot in front of the other till you get it done. That is how we all get through these things.

Dave
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thanks to all of you , I've been able to distract myself from this situation but I know I gotta see the doc, I will schedule an appointment, the link that jenkyleg gave me really encouraged me it says probably not cancer which I hope so. I really admire everyone here and wish all the best. I will keep you posted as of what happened..

Comment

Hi Guys just thought to give you an update and also a suggestion for websites and worried patients dealing with testicle issues.

The past 5 months were one of the worst in my life, agonizing myself and reading dozens, if not hundreds of web pages as to figure out what I have without going to the doctor. Some days I was able to distract myself , but other days that I was close to clinical depression. None of the description fitted- a tumor is part of the testicle, mine is separate. Cyst or hydrocelle or spermatocele are seperwted but should feel like balloons filled with water, while mine is solid as a rock.

Last week I had enough. I went to see my general doctor who sent me to an ultrasound, which I had done earlier today. And guess what? It is solid as a rock Because it IS a rock. A f****in stone made of calcium in the scrotum called scrotolith or scrotal pearl. No clinical significance. Well .... Like I said I viewed many many web pages about testicle problems. NONE mentioned this situation! How could this be? When I googled specifically the word "scrotolith , I found the Exact description of what I have, but none of those general websites listed this as a solution.

What are the lessons?
                  1. First of all, for me and other worried guys the web is not a substitute for a doctor appointment. Yeah i know that you told me that 5 months ago, but I'm stubborn and apparently not that clever.
                  2. For heavens sake - to everyone hosting websites and info about testicular situations-pls list this thing called scrotal pearl as a condition!

Anyway I'm glad I found this forum, ofcourse I would have been happier had I went to the doctor immediately and had 5 months of peace. Just like you guys suggested.

I wish everyone good health and thanks.

Comment

2. For heavens sake - to everyone hosting websites and info about testicular situations-pls list this thing called scrotal pearl as a condition!
                    Great to hear that everything turned out well. As mentioned, a testicular mass is hard like you described, but also solidly attached to the testicle when you feel it. Unlike yours. Still, the right thing to do when uncertainty arises is go see a doctor asap and put any shame or stubbornness aside as this is your life.
                    Best,

Zsolt

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another; "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S Lewis

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

Mass found 11/20/08
                    Left I/O 11/25/08
                    Pathology: Seminoma, Stage 1
                    Surveillance: All Clear since

Comment

Working...
                    X