Still feeling worried after a checkup at the docs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnMcK
    • Jan 2017

Still feeling worried after a checkup at the docs.

I went to the Doctor yesterday morning after finding a very small lump on my left teste on Saturday night. He told me that it was tiny, like a "grain", asked if I had any problems with urinating or getting erections, to which to answer was no, he seemed positive that I didn't require a scan either. He told me to keep an eye on it and report back if there are any changes. Even though the Doc has gave me the all clear for now, I still can't help worrying. I'm 18, have no history of cancer in my family.
  • aklesevhsoj
    • Dec 2016

If it's really bothering you, ask your PCP if he can refer you to get an ultrasound. That would help your doctor better understand what is happening.

Let me preface by saying that TC is rare, so statistically you're probably fine. However, my first doctor couldn't even feel anything and sent me to an ultrasound just to see if I maybe had a hydrocele. I'm very thankful that he sent me to that ultrasound or I'd still be in the dark right now.
    Last edited by aklesevhsoj; 01-17-17, 05:37 PM. Reason: Adding some personal experience info
    11/16/16 - Something feels off,maybe I have a hernia
    11/23/16 - "You may have cancer"
    12/13/16 - "You most likely have cancer"
    12/21/16 - Left I/O followed by "You definitely have cancer"; 100% classic seminoma, multifocal with tumors at 2cm, 1.2cm, and 4mm, no vascular invasion, no LVI, and no spermatic cord invasion
    12/28/16 - CT scans reveals one suspicious para-aortic lymph node measuring 1.2cm; staged at seminoma IIa
    1/3/17 - Radiation therapy recommended as treatment from hospital tumor board
    1/23/17 - Started RT for 19 sessions
    2/16/17 - All done with radiation
    5/25/17 - All clear given; currently on surveillance
    9/28/17 - Still all clear

Comment

Working...
    X