• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jereami
    • Apr 2017

Hurry up and wait....

Hi Gents!

My story—as short as it is right now—is that I noticed a lump on my LT completely by accident a couple of weeks ago. I already had an appointment with my GP for a med refill and decided to mention it to him at that office visit. Sure enough, after coping a feel (and my demanding that he now take me somewhere nice for dinner), he ordered an ultrasound. In hindsight I'm surprised (maybe?) that he didn't also order blood work, but that's neither here nor there at this point I guess.

That ultrasound was this morning. To keep it light I had mentioned to the sonographer gal that I was expecting Raymond to walk out. After a few seconds of puzzled silence, I explained that it was a Seinfeld reference to which she replied; "Oh, I've seen some of those. My dad watches that old show". When did 39 get old?

Anyway, much to my dismay 39 may be too old to have a millennial understand a 90s pop culture reference, but unfortunately it isn't too old for TC...so I wait.

In all seriousness I am a bit terrified but forums like this really do help you cope and I thank you all for allowing me to post. I'll follow up when I hear something within the standard "three business days".
    4/11/17 - Noticed lump on LT
    4/18/17 - GP ordered ultrasound
    4/26/17 - Waiting on results....
  • Nish115
    • Nov 2016

Sorry to welcome you, but feel free to vent or anything on here.

From what i've read only 4% of testical abnormalities are actual TC, and of the 4%, 75% of them can be cured with a surgery and surveillance programme alone. So the stats are on your side.

Ultrasounds are very very good at determining TC, so the bloods if required will follow afterwards.

It's one of the most curable cancers out there, if not the most, so hopefully it isn't TC, but if it is then hopefully the treatment will be minimal.

I don't recommend googling things, stay to official sites or this forum.
    24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
    Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
    Pre/o CT Clear
    Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
    Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
    Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
    Borderline stage 2B/3B
    BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
    CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

• Mark Anderson
      • Mar 2017

Did you get your results back yet?

Comment

Working...
      X