X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking information about possible lump

I don't normally extend this far out for information, but I'm becoming desperate. I am a relatively healthy 19 year old. A little over two weeks ago I discovered a small, almost grain sized, lump on my right testicle. The bump itself is almost jagged, and very hard. The surrounding area of the bump is harder than the rest of the surface area of my testicle. The issue I'm having is early last year I had a bi-lateral tacking because one of my testicles experienced torsion, and they were concerned for the other. Both of my testicles have small, metallic "surtures" on the sides of them to keep them in place. I was curious if it were normal for a new lump to appear as the surgery was only done a little over a year ago. Others symptoms I have began experiencing are a dull ache in my scrotum and abdomen, along with pain in my lower back when I sit back or lay down. The past two days I have experience nausea, constiparion, and unbelievable tiredness even after getting adiquite rest. I understand medical advice can not be giving, but I was curious if anyone else has any similar experiences before their TC was found?

hi tcxo
    where is the exact location of the lump

Comment

The bump is located on the bottom right of my right testicule. Within the past 6 hours it has began to swell along with pain, so I am considering heading to ER if ibuprofen doesn't help. I know it's not torsion, nor a cyst due to experiencing both. The pain is more achy.

Comment

Hi TcXo, I experienced a testicle torsion(right t.) when I was 20 years old and this was put back in placed and tacked in an emergency procedure. The pain I had that morning was something I had never experienced any longer in my life. When I was diagnosed with TC on my left T., 18 years after the torsion on my right one, I also had pain, both in my testicle and my stomach. It was obviously a very different pain, not that strong but very present. Having said that, I would like to encourage to have it checked asap. In my case all doctors with whom I had talked to have never relate torsion with TC (also because they occurred on the two different ones respectively).

Comment

Singa76, did the pain tend to fluctuate throughout the day, or was it a constant? And thanks for getting back to me, and sharing you expience. I will never forget the morning after the surgery. Not fun at all. Lol.

Comment

It was fluctuating during the day, in certain moments it was more present than others; I was never sure whether the pain was always there and I was not noticing it since I was busy with other activities, or whether the pain was in fact fluctuating. This situation lasted for about 2 weeks. Then one night the pain was stronger, and then I decided to see my doctor. It was a Wednesday evening, on Thursday afternoon I had my US and then on Friday I had the orchiectomy. I also remember that on the day I went to the hospital for the operation, I was not feeling any pain at all. So yes, I think it was fluctuating.

Comment

I just got out of the shower, and decided to do another self-exam since it had been a few days. I feel what feels like a new lump, but also my testicle feels shrunken. The best way I can describe my testicle now is an irregular shape with three bumps. After hearing your experiences, and the similarities it has with mine, I have decided to head to my doctor tomorrow morning, and see what she thinks. I'm at the point now where all I can think is "better safe than sorry".

Comment

TC is diagnosed with ultrasound. If you go to an urgent care they can probably do the ultrasound the same day.
                Age 31 - Portland, OR
                01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
                13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
                27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
                06DEC16 - CT scan clear
                09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
                03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
                18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Originally posted by TcXo View Post
                  . I'm at the point now where all I can think is "better safe than sorry".
                  That is the best policy any time you find something irregular with a testicle. The U/S is a simple, quick test & is almost always conclusive one way or the other.

Dave

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                  Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Hopefully all checks out okay. Let us know.
                    17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
                    pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
                    pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
                    r/o 12/22/16
                    Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
                    PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
                    2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
                    BEP x 3 1/27/17
                    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Update: I went to my regular doctor this morning and explained everything that has been going on. She decided to check and see if my blood work had returned from labs yet since I was there 3 weeks ago for a yearly physical. My WBC is elevated, and that paired with the lump and testicular discomfort had caused her some concern. She scheduled me a US on Friday, but I was told if the lump grew significantly, or pain increased to call her and they would push for a quicker date. She also did blood work to check for any markers that would throw red flags. She told me she marked my tests as urgent that way we should know something within the next 72 hours.

Comment

While not conclusive, elevated WBC is more indicative of infection than TC, but the U/S should shed light on the problem. Let us know how things go.

Dave
                        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
                        X