Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a second opinion on ultra sound results

Hi all I hope everyone is well.
    I've been having left testicular discomfort for the past 6-8 weeks. I've recently discovered a small bump on my left testicle, its like a grain of sand like lump right underneath the top on the epididymis and the testis. However as for the lump itself I believe it is on the testis. When I first felt the discomfort it was near the end of May, I was extremely sexually active at the time and felt it after intercourse. Needless to say, my girlfriend and I just got back from a long break up at the time and we would have sexual intercourse 2-3 times a day. I wasn't sure if the pain was caused by frequent sexual intercourse or not. I was clueless at the time and decided to ignore it as I thought the discomfort would go away. The pain itself was never a sharp pain, it felt more of a swelling and pulling discomfort and I found myself waking up in the middle of the night for the first 3 nights because of it. I went to the doctors about 3-4 weeks in and he didn't feel any lumps and told me its likely epididymitis and said infections there could be caused from anything since my urine sample came up clean for chlamydia and gonorrhea. He prescribed me a weeks course of antibiotics of Ciprofloxacin in which a took pills twice a day. I felt that it helped a little bit but i also still felt its presence there. The doctor himself couldn't feel any lumps and niether could I because the lump was literally right underneath the epididymis at the time. Fast forward to now, I got an ultrasound recently which i've attached to the following post. There was a trace amount of fluid, measuring 1.6 x 1.3 x 0.7cm with a total volume of 0.7cc. The conclusion that the radiologist made was that it was like physiological meaning its a natural part of me? I'm just alittle worried because i've never felt this sort of discomfort before. Even to this day I still feel its presence there, and there's no real pain or anything. Its more of a nuisance because I used to never feel its presence there. I booked to see a urologist, but does anyone know what traces of fluids mean in a bump? And how do radiologist determine the difference between a mass and this fluid filled bump? When i was at the ultrasound i was looking at the imagining as the technician was doing my left testis and i saw the tiny black dot itself, she switched over to the red and blue screening and if i remember correctly there was a bit of vascularity coming from it (saw red temperature marks) or i might've mistaken. The reason i'm also thinking im mistaken is because the ultrasound attached says it's fluid filled? And if i did my research correctly fluid filled cysts shouldnt have any vascularity coming from it? If anyone could provide me with further insight it would be greatly appreciated. I have not done any bloodwork yet.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20394782_10155644150299225_1331617781_o.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	2005
    Attached Files

I am no expert but that report doesn't look like anything to worry about to me. Homogeneous echogenicity means no areas stood out as being denser which would be the case if there was a solid mass (indicating a probable cancer) in the testicle. And as I read it the fluid is in the sack, not in the testicle itself. Wait for the urologist because as I said above I am no expert but I think you are in the clear here.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOne View Post
      I am no expert but that report doesn't look like anything to worry about to me. Homogeneous echogenicity means no areas stood out as being denser which would be the case if there was a solid mass (indicating a probable cancer) in the testicle. And as I read it the fluid is in the sack, not in the testicle itself. Wait for the urologist because as I said above I am no expert but I think you are in the clear here.
      Thanks for the input MarkOne,
      Would this problem require surgery to fix? I'm not entirely sure what i have here whether its hydrocele or spermatocele. I'm still feeling a slight pull sensation down on the testis. Does hemiscrotum mean that its in the void area around the testis? Because I do feel like a slight grain of sand lump underneath the top of the left epididymis on the testis. Still waiting for a urologist appointment.

Comment

I would be surprised if surgery were needed. There are whole host of things this could be that usually can be either lived with (if the are not causing too much discomfort) or dealt with by non surgical means. Surgery would be a last resort. The important thing is to see the urologist to rule out TC, get a diagnosis of what it is and take it from there.

Comment

Working...
        X