X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help. I'm losing hope

Hello I'm an avid weight lifting and fitness enthusiast. Back in February I behind to have my first strain symptoms. It started with a dull occasional ache in my right testicle, not hindering my weight lifting. Over nearly 3 weeks the ache became more consistitent began to have trouble bending over. 2 months in I was in constant pain, inguinal area, could barley bend over, testicle pain on the backside. 3 months same symptoms. Completely done lift g weight due to it increasing symptoms. Over months 4 and 5 the pain began to lessen and I was able to start bending over more easily. However a tugging sensation in thebright testicle and a tugging/tight pulling sensation right about my penis(right side) and discomfort in my pubic area have been with me since 2 months ago. I've been to 2 uroligist. And one family doctor. Been through 3 weeks of cipro and given stretches. The cipro was 2 months ago and the stretches haven't helped anything either. I still have not resumed weight lifting for 4 months. If anyone can help I'm begging. I don't know what to do an am begging to lose hope that I'll ever get better and feel normal and lift again. The depression had set in and I feel like giving up everyday. Should I got to another doctor? Get a cats can or what? Somebody please shed some light I'm 20 years old thanks so much

What country are you located in ?

What were you diagnosed with by the physicians you visited?

If your symptoms haven't abated consider to ask your doctor if an ultrasound is sensible. This is the way to diagnose TC.

Do you feel any hard or differing masses on your testicle?
    Age 31 - Portland, OR
    01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
    13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
    27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
    06DEC16 - CT scan clear
    09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
    03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
    18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

I agree, I do not see an u/s metnioned, just antibotics.
      Please get another opinion.
      Son Grant
      dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
      Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

I've seen to uroligist in ohio and one regular doctor. All 3 not being able to give me an opinion on what it could be. At the point I'm time I has a dull ache in my right testicle continuously and a tugging sensation in my right testicle and above my penis in the pubic area

Comment

Have they given you a scrotal ultrasound? If not, then I would demand one. There should be some reason for the pain. Where are you in Ohio?

Mike
          Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
          06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
          06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
          Surveillance...
          Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
          6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

You should get an ultrasound I'd say. That would really shed light on what's going on.
            3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop! 3/19/18 All clear!

Comment

Go to an urgent care center in a hospital and ask for an ultrasound. Ask the tech to load up the images on CD or flash drive and then take it to a Urologist, that is the fastest way to do it.Waiting for a referral at this point is nuts....(pardon the pun). If you can make it to Boston, Call Boston Medical Center and talk to Dr. Robert Oates, he will know how to handle it.

Comment

Yes I have had am ultrasound done nearly 4 months back. Should I have another done for a double check ? The first one came back normal. My most recent doctor recommended a ct scan of my pain and symptoms haven't completely vanished by noe. Should I do that?

Comment

Yes, I'm not a medical professional, but a CT scan would provide piece of mind. If not TC at least rule out other things causing pain. So sorry,
                  Son Grant
                  dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                  Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                  2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                  Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Originally posted by Coates97 View Post
                    Yes I have had am ultrasound done nearly 4 months back. Should I have another done for a double check ? The first one came back normal. My most recent doctor recommended a ct scan of my pain and symptoms haven't completely vanished by noe. Should I do that?
                    Did you have a bilateral scrotal ultrasound?
                    Age 31 - Portland, OR
                    01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
                    13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
                    27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
                    06DEC16 - CT scan clear
                    09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
                    03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
                    18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Find a Urologist that can handle testicular cancer. As I'm sure you're aware by now, TC is very rare and most Urologists may only see a case or two in their entire professional career. Find the largest urban medical center where your insurance is taken and contact that Urology department, let them know the situation. By the time I called the Urology Department at Boston Medical Center I was in tears and they rushed me in for an appointment with two Urologist and their Genitourinary Oncologist. Don't wait any longer man, the longer you hold off the more time you give the cancer to spread, do it tomorrow, don't wait and don't be cheap. You can always make back the money but you can't make back your life. I think if I went in a lot sooner I wouldn't have had to have gone through chemo, that was my biggest regret and I hope that you don't make that same mistake. Testicular cancer is treatable but the treatment sucks and it will shorten or alter your life when you get older. Stop feeling hopeless and take command...grab the bull by the balls right! Get on it!

If you want to know more just private message me and I can tell you what I went through. Trust me I have it worse than you....and others have it worse than me.

Daniel_Eye

Comment

Working...
                      X