X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skn1999
    • Aug 2017

Had hydrocele surgery...now found a lump

Hi guys, I need some advice because I am so confused right now and I feel like these issues are never ending.

Last summer I felt my right testicle was harder than the left but didn't get it checked out until December. GP told me it was nothing to worry about and had an ultrasound later that month which told me it was a hydrocele. I then had another ultrasound in January of this year which said the same thing. In March I had a urology appointment at the hospital which involved a physical check up and then had surgery in June which went well. However, yesterday I found a lump on my right testicle, near the top on the right side of it. I cannot tell what it is, and I am going crazy! Could it be connected to the tubes? I feel like that might be the case, however the diagrams I have seen show the epididymis is more on the back of the testicle, but this lump seems to be on the side. The lump moves a bit and isn't stuck on the testicle. I also think it might be a side effect of the surgery I had. I am worried that it is TC, but surely it isn't? I have had 2 physical check ups and 2 ultrasounds within the past 8 months which have been clear.

I would love advice from you guys.
  • Skn1999
    • Aug 2017

Also, i forgot to add that when my scrotum is relaxed, the lump seems to stick out of the skin, and it is slightly visible to the naked eye. I don't feel any pain most of the time, only since yesterday because I am paranoid and because I have been poking and prodding so much.

Comment

• Acf53
      • Aug 2017

Hey Skn, I'm pretty new to this so please take what i say with a grain of salt. I've been reading A LOT on the web (which can drive you nuts) and from what you described about the lump moving around and on top, it could be a cyst. From what I've read, if it's TC, the lump usually doesn't move around. My 2 cents.

Comment

• Skn1999
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Acf53 View Post
        Hey Skn, I'm pretty new to this so please take what i say with a grain of salt. I've been reading A LOT on the web (which can drive you nuts) and from what you described about the lump moving around and on top, it could be a cyst. From what I've read, if it's TC, the lump usually doesn't move around. My 2 cents.
        Thanks for your reply. My gut feeling has also been saying that it might be a cyst.

Comment

• Skn1999
          • Aug 2017

Wondering if anyone else had anything to add, or any suggestions of what it could be?

Comment

• Trekga
            • Jan 2017

Not a doctor so no idea, hopefully it will not be TC.
            Son Grant
            dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
            Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
            2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
            Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• Davepet
              • Mar 2010

You have found something unusual with your testicle. The nextstep is to get your doc to take a look. Might be harmless, might be TC, you don't want to flip that coin.See your doc.

Dave
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
              X