X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iceman2099
    • Sep 2017

36 yo two lumps on left testicle.

I found this forum a few weeks ago, I've been kind of looking at what everybody else is saying about this condition. A month ago I found two small pea sized lumps on my left testicle. I only found them because I started having a little pain and discomfort when anything lightly brushed against that side. It started worrying me so I started to research the issue. At first it seemed like from what I was reading, that this might not be TC due to it being so rare (the article said it was rare), I gave it a few weeks to see if maybe it worked itself out, it didn't. I have an apt with a urologist on Oct 3 to see what might be going on. The left testicle is rather harder than the other, at times it seems smaller, other times not, the lumps seem to have smoothed out a little and do not feel as profound today, but there is an aching pain that seems to be present a lot of the time, when that area is touched a certain way, its painful. Short of getting it checked, I don't seem to have any other symptoms, I've been tired for years, but I don't think that its associated with this, at least I hope not. Just looking to see what you guys think. Very nervous and scared of the worst case scenario, hoping its something that can easily be resolved. I did recently find out that my first cousin and uncle on my mothers side has had lumps before in that area and it ended up being a vein issue. Thank you in advance.
  • Trekga
    • Jan 2017

Honestly, from what I understand, an u/s is the best way to confirm TC. Please update us after your Urologist appointment.
    Son Grant
    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• Iceman2099
      • Sep 2017

Will do, thank you. I know there's not much info to go on other than just letting a doctor take a look.

Comment

• Davepet
        • Mar 2010

Yes, anything unusual like that needs to be checked by a doc, sooner is better. It may be nothing serious, but the only wy to be sure is seeing your doc.

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Iceman2099
          • Sep 2017

Update after my visit with the Urologist, I have three tumors in the left testicle, seen on ultrasound, the doctor says they do not look like classic TC, but the way they look is unlike anything she has seen. I had a CT scan ordered yesterday afternoon to get pictures of my chest, abdomen, and pelvic area. I should know the results of those today, I'm thinking they were done to make sure that there is no spread anywhere else. The doctor applied pressure to my pelvic are and asked if I had any pain there, which I didn't, I assume that this is a way of checking for spread? I'm not sure. The doctor also said that pain isn't normally associated with TC, so that made me feel a little better. Either way I think she will take the testicle out, she mentioned possibly doing a surgery to pull it out, not cut it out, biopsy it, and then see if its possible to save it, mainly because me and my wife have no kids and are still trying to have kids. I will know more today hopefully.

Comment

• Davepet
            • Mar 2010

Pain is not typical with TC, but it does happen. Testicular pain can have many causes, so any pain may not even be related to what was seen in the U/S.

Yes, the CT scan is to determine if there has been any spread.

Palpitating the pelvic area without having pain probably tells you nothing. Pain would have told you something is not right, but wouldn't really tell you a lot.

A frozen section biopsy is normally only done when a guy only has one testicle. Both fertility & testosterone levels can usually be normal with one testicle, & there are risks doing a biopsy without removal. If your U/S shows a solid mass, I would not want to chance keeping lefty around. With a solid mass, the odds are very high for TC, & you don't want to take chances with that.

Dave
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Iceman2099
              • Sep 2017

Dave, I completely agree. The CT scan showed no spread, so I'm expecting to hear surgery in the next day or so.

Comment

• Iceman2099
                • Sep 2017

I am now on day three of post operation. The tumors I had were determined to be stage 1 seminoma. The left testicle was taken, doctor seems to think that the cancer did not spread to anywhere else in my body, however i still have to meet with an oncologist to get the official word on further treatment.

Comment

Working...
                X