Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrasound Scan Report Results

Hi,

I am very, very sorry for posting here again. I requested a copy of the Ultrasound Report that I received following my Ultrasound Scan and wondered if I could ask for advice as to whether this suggests something sinister is going on. After my last ultrasound, the person who did it, terrified me with what he said but I am none the wiser after this.

Clinical History: Right testicular pain.

Right testis appears inhomogeneous in texture showing increased vascularity.
    No evidence of microlithiasis seen on scan today.
    No evidence of any intra testicular focal pathology.
    Mild varicocele seen on right.
    Epididymus seen normal in appearance. No hydrocele.

Summary: Right varicocele. ? Orchitis.

If anyone had any advice and whether this suggests something sinister, I would value any advice as it keeps going over my mind over and over.

Thank you,
    Dalek.

The summary is the key part. There is no indication of anything cancerous, just a variococele and orchitis. You can google those, neither are terribly serious.
    6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
    6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
    7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
    7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
    10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
    10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
    4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
    4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
    9/18/2017 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Thank you for your help.

I was wondering what it means by increased vascularity and the texture? I was told by a friend of the family that increased vascularity suggests something sinister.

I was also wondering how to get rid of Orchitis as the person who did the ultra-sound didn't say anything about this?

Thank you for all your help and support.

Comment

I think Orchitis is treated with antibiotics, but that's a question for a Dr.

If the lump itself shows vascularity it's bad, but since there isn't a lump on your report I think the vascularity is related to one of the two things listed.

I'd follow up with a urologist to get all of your questions answered, and in the mean time would focus on the two summary pieces to ease your worry. The body of the findings can be hyper specific and whether something is sinister frequently relies on something else also beeing present.

The doc will look at everything else and know how they relate, the summary is there for the lay people in the meantime
        *** Serum Markers Never High***

July 14, 2017: Lump on right testicle
        July 18: Urologist orders U/S
        July 20: US show 3 lesions "highly suspicious for testicular cancer"
        July 26: Pelvic CT shows 1 lymph node @ 2cm, 1 @ 1.4cm
        July 30: Right Radical Orchiectomy
        Aug 2: Pathology report "100% Embryonal Carcinoma"
        Aug 20: Oncologist stages 2A, wants RPLND primary treatment
        Sept. 5: Urologist disagrees on RPLND primary, wants 2nd ct
        Sept 13: 2nd CT shows nodes now 2.4cm and 1.8cm
        Sept 15: Now Stage 2B, New treatment 3x BEP
        Oct. 2: Begin 3x BEP

Comment

Thank you for the help and advice so far.

I was told by my GP that there isn't any further follow up required.

I was wondering whether a variocele can cause increased vascularity as I am worried that it means things are turning bad ways? Last time the person who did the scan frightened me and now this has come up. I have even turned down a career opportunity because I am living in fear with it all now. I know how stupid I sound but I am scared.

Comment

Look up what a variocele is. IIRC it is enlarged veins in your scrotum. Veins also pertain to vascularity.
            6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
            6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
            7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
            7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
            10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
            10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
            4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
            4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
            9/18/2017 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Thank you for your help. I wondered if you had any advice on where I could read up on this only every time I search, I only come across generic information.

I am also sorry to be such a massive pain and nuisance on here. After losing so many of family due to other types of bad things, I am a nervous wreck over it.

Comment

I wondered if anyone could help at all with finding out why it says increased vascularity as my GP said they don't know either so I don't know what to think

Comment

Working...
                X