X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How concerned should I be??????

A little background, I'm a 54 year old man and my father had passed away from cancer. I have a hard lump on the bottom of my left testicle. I went to my primary physician and she scheduled an ultrasound. I received a phone call from her office saying the results were inconclusive and she referred me for an MRI and then to meet with a Urologist. Both my wife and I are very concerned.

Thanks in advance

It is somewhat unusual to have an MRI of the scrotum. In my experience, I more often that not see a repeat ultrasound rather than an MRI. Although MRI can be used. Do you have the ultrasound report at all to give you an idea of what it says? It is hard to tell what the doctor may be thinking with the MRI. Also, I would ask if the urologist asked for the MRI as perhaps the primary is just thinking that it is the right thing to do?

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

I am in the same boat. My ultrasound showed a 2cm cyst on the left testicle in July. I am a 31yo male.
      AFP 8/17 - 13.2
      AFP 10/17 - 17.8
      HCG Normal
      LDH Normal

What are your AFP or HCG and LDH levels?

Comment

Working...
      X