Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lump on left testicle, been there for years.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lump on left testicle, been there for years.

I have a lump on my left testicle. It was difficult to figure out exactly where it was located since my testicle moved a lot when I was "feeling" it, but after I took a shower I can now say that the lump is located around the top of my testicle, either on or near the epididymis? The lump is a bit hard, but not that hard (firm?) and it doesn't protrude much, it feels kind of like a pimple.

I've had this lump for years and it has always stayed the same size. I am now 22 years old and I remember having it back in middle school/early high school so it has been there for around a decade. I always just assumed it was normal since it never gave me any trouble. I've had slight pains in my left testicle at random intervals throughout the years, but these occurrences have not been very often and they only lasted a few seconds/minutes each time.

I didn't even know testicular cancer existed until a few days ago so I'm a little paranoid. When I was reading the symptoms I convinced myself it was cancer and that it's already spread everywhere in my body cause it's been there for so long and I'll die soon, lol. I would really appreciate anyone's opinion on my situation, at least so it can ease my mind a bit.

I plan on making an appointment with a urologist one of these days as well.

Hello Diasuke

Itís probably nothing to worry about ....however , I highly recommend that you see a urologist AND to insist on having an ultrasound

Iím not sure my case if my case is that similar or not:
    Iím 25 older
    In the case of ďvery lucky peopleĒ who get the slowest least aggressive kind of testicular cancer(called seminoma), things evolve very slowly.

What you might be passing through now is the tip of the tumor that started inside the testicle itself long time ago.

If Iím in your shoes, Iíd make sure that I donít give ď seminomaĒ the chance to reach a
    Phase called lymph vascular invasion!

Meaning ?

Go ASAP and see a urologist and ask for an ultrasound and do what they ask you to do!

I delayed things because in my idiotic frame of thinking, I thought that theyíd pull on my diseased testicle till they remove it.

My radical orchiectomy wasnít like that at all. I am older than you and I have other comorbidities so they kept me awake and it was nightmarish to them as I kept talking

I might feel that youíre thinking about the possibility Of a benign lump...which makes perfect sense....go find out and please donít wait!

Your priority now is the ultrasound interpreted by a urologist

I wish you the best of luck
    •Urologist requested an ultrasound on October 2016...ignored the request because I do that sometimes ( lump been there long before)
    •Did ultrasound on July 2017 ...solid mass found ..normal tumor markers..recommendation: left radical orchiectomy asap...ignored that too!
    •Radical orchiectomy Sep 19 , 2017
    •Pathology( Sep 26): Seminoma pT2 with LVI
    •offered surveillance, radiation or chemo
    •Carboplatin dose 1: October 31,2017
    Carboplatin dose 2: November 22,2017

Comment

If its been there for 3+ years and not grown it's likely not cancer BUT you should see your doctor and/or a urologist.

Testicular cancer doubles every month or so in size. The one exception is teratomas.
      Last edited by mcintoda; 12-09-17, 10:40 PM.
      Age 31 - Portland, OR
      01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
      13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
      27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
      06DEC16 - CT scan clear
      09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
      03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
      18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Go and see urologist,it's better. I have also lump on left testicle,but it didn't grow after 5 months of discovering.It's still about 5 mm,MRI scan is good.
        Pre/o markers - HCG 1332, AFP 30, LDH 235
        pT1 (60% teratoma, 39% embyrional, 1% chorio)
        Post-op markers - HCG 1.2, AFP 2.3, LDH 379
        2XBEP

Comment

If you had TC & did nothing bout it you would not be alive 10 years latter. However that doesn't mean go see a doc "one of these days" pick up the phone tomorrow & make an appointment & get it checked out.

Dave
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

I agree with Dave. I would also add that It must be a cyst if it was there for 6-7-8 yrs.
            However, you need to check this out to make sure it is the same lump that you had before..
            It will be 2 minutes and you can close this topic in your mind. its worth it.
            I wish I was more careful ...

Comment

Working...
            X