X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anon_seahorse
    • Dec 2017

Nervous

Hi I am very nervous about my situation. I am 17.

I had never really performed a testicular exam throughoughly but I did recently because i had been experiencing a bit of pain in my inner thigh and my lower abdomen. I went to the doctor and they told me the pain was because of constipation. Well around a week ago I checked my testicles just in case and I found a small hard ballish type shape (very small around the size of half a grain of rice) sortve behind the testicle in the middle (although it's hard to tell). When I press it I get stomach pain. It's not movable as far as I can tell although it does feel like it moves little bit. It doesn't protrude from the skin so I can't see it I can only feel it. I always check to see if it's still there. It's only on one testicle. I'm planning on going to the doctor's but does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?
    Last edited by Anon_seahorse; 12-29-17, 01:01 AM.
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

While is is most likely nothing serious,it may well be TC. Get to a doc sooner rather than later & get it checked out.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Anon_seahorse
      • Dec 2017

So I went to the doctor and he said he couldn't find anything alarming and that it's most likely nothing, still a bit nervous. Do I have anything to worry about?

Comment

• Davepet
        • Mar 2010

Best I can offer is to monitor it once a month (NO MORE OFTEN THAN THAT). If it gets larger than your doc should order an U/S. The best you can do is to do once a month checks so that you know what is"normal" & can easily figure out if something is not.

Dave

Comment

• Anon_seahorse
          • Dec 2017

It's hard not to worry about this...I can't stop checking it every so often and it feels like it's gotten bigger since I first checked but this could also me my anxiety. If I were to check it next month how much bigger would it be that would be alarming? Would it be a big difference or a minor one because it's hard to distinguish if it's bigger or I'm just paranoid .

Comment

• Davepet
            • Mar 2010

You have *got* to stop checking so often, you will just irritate it, which can cause pain & swelling & that will just confuse & worry you more.It's a vicious cycle. If it is obviously larger next month go to the doc again, if you are not sure, wait another month & check again.

Dave

Comment

• NailFace
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
              You have *got* to stop checking so often, you will just irritate it, which can cause pain & swelling & that will just confuse & worry you more.It's a vicious cycle. If it is obviously larger next month go to the doc again, if you are not sure, wait another month & check again.

Dave
              Like Dave says, stop fiddling with it, you'll make it swell up. Can you ask for an ultrasound? easy to do and will totally put your mind at rest. A few hard bits at the back in the squishy bit is normal, just go and get it scanned anyway to be sure. Most lumps and bumps are fine, they're supposed to be there.
              15/11/12: Lump found on right testicle.
              16/11/12: Visit to GP, referred to urologist.
              23/11/12: Consultation with urologist, blood taken markers normal apart from mildly raised LDH of 364.
              24/11/12: Ultrasound confirms solid tumor.
              28/11/12: CT scan of chest, abdomen and pelvis. Scan is clear.
              30/11/12: Right IO, prosthetic testicle inserted.
              17/12/12: pT1, 100% seminoma diagnosed.
              Awaiting carboplatin treatment in Jan.

Comment

Working...
              X