X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ReallyScared
    • Jan 2018

16 year old - Really worried and scared

So it started when I was laying down probably like 2-3 months ago and I got a ache in my left testicle.. I panicked and looked it up and it said prostate cancer, but I know it isn't that because it only happens in older people. So then I found testicular cancer and got really worried.. I looked at the symptoms and had like some of those symptoms after that started like chest pain, abdominal pain, back pain, a bit of groin pain and i've been having headaches too.. I'm not sure if this is Health Anxiety whats causing it but I keep thinking about it every day and now i'm scared that its spread.

Also both testicles feel the same except for that lump near the top/side area of my left testicle.. I can't feel it on my right one but other than that both of them feel smooth and my right one is a bit bigger though.

I'm in Canada btw and I saw 1,150 men get testicular cancer in 2017. What are the chances of me having it? Also how should I tell my parents? It feels impossible like I cant tell them.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ReallyScared; 01-05-18, 06:41 PM.
  • ReallyScared
    • Jan 2018

Also I forgot to add that there is a lump near the top/side area of my left testicle.. it doesn't feel rock hard or anything it feels like a bit soft, don't think I can move it tho.

Comment

• Casbes
      • Feb 2015

Hi ReallyScared. The very best thing you can do is go talk to your parents. If the conversation is awkward at first just pull up a web page on the topic (or just show them what you’ve written here) and tell them you have concerns and you need help getting in to see a doctor. If there’s a problem, getting it addressed as soon as possible is so important. I’m a mom of a son who was diagnosed at 20 with TC. It would have been an easier road for him if he had been diagnosed when he first noticed symptoms. I think your parents need to get you to a
      doctor who can order an ultrasound. You can show this to them! Let us know how it goes. Go talk to your parents.

Comment

• Davepet
        • Mar 2010

I realize it's going to be difficult for you, but you need to talk to your folks & get a doc to check things out. While the odds are pretty good it will be nothing serious, you need the doc to make that decision. While that can be a difficult to bring up discussion with your folks, you can be pretty sure they will only be concerned about getting you to a doc to get things checked out.

I know you were hoping we could tell you it was nothing to worry about, but I'm afraid only a doc can do that after a proper exam.

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• MamaAng
          • Sep 2017

Hey there! A mom here......tell your parents. They love you. It's probably nothing but tell them anyway. It's awkward and embarrassing but it's 100% necessary. Don't spend any more time worrying about it. Just tell them.. NOW.

Comment

• ReallyScared
            • Jan 2018

I'm gonna try and tell my dad about it tonight..

Comment

• MamaAng
              • Sep 2017

How did it go?

Comment

• ReallyScared
                • Jan 2018

Hey so I told my dad about it by texting him because it seemed easier. He just said "Okay" and I put I wanna get an appointment and that i'm worried about it, he hasn't really said anything about it but he probably will make an appointment tomorrow.

Comment

• ReallyScared
                  • Jan 2018

Update: My chest, groin and abdominal area is hurting.. i'm really scared I hope it hasn't spread.. also would it be possible for it to spread in 2-3 months?

Comment

• ReallyScared
                    • Jan 2018

I'm still worried about it and i've been reading stories like all night about TC.. I saw a few people that had choriocarcinoma or something and I looked up the symptoms of that in the testicles and it says symptoms are, blood in stool (I actually noticed blood in my stool today.. and its gotten me worried), constipation (I do have constipation), trouble breathing (ehh a bit), back pain (yes), testicular pain/lump (yes), abdominal pain/swelling (yes, not sure if its swelled tho), breast pain (had this a few days ago), changes in appetite (today/yesterday I didn't really eat and felt sick), fatigue (yes), paralysis (don't think so), frequent urination (kinda). headache (yes).

Also in like the center of my chest, there is like a spot that hurts when I touch it and kinda feels like a lump.

**** well now if I get an ultrasound and it comes up clear, still not going to be satisfied because of this choriocarcinoma thing. Do you guys think I have it?

Comment

• biwi
                      • Jun 2015

That is really for a doctor to decide. We cannot diagnose you over the internet. Please get to a doctor and describe your symptoms in detail and they will be able to take it from there!
                      6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                      6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                      7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                      7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
                      10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                      10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                      4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                      4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                      10/22/19: all clears up to this date!
                      4/8/24: stopped monitoring something like 2 years ago, still all clear!

Comment

• Davepet
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ReallyScared View Post
                        **** well now if I get an ultrasound and it comes up clear, still not going to be satisfied because of this choriocarcinoma thing. Do you guys think I have it?
                        My advice is to stop reading & go to the doc.You seem to be literally making yourself sick with your research.

Dave
                        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• ReallyScared
                          • Jan 2018

Hey guys I went to the ER today, been there for about 7 hours and they did a CDG or something where they put things on my chest and arms.. they said my heart rate was fast and my blood pressure was high (probably because of anxiety or something), they did a Chest X-Ray and said it looked good, also did blood test and I believe that also came out good too. But after that they wanted me to do a urine sample, so I did and they noticed there is protein/bacteria in the urine and its dark coloured.. also did another one and came back the same.. is this TC?

I feel some what relieved and also 2 nurses just felt the testicles and stuff and said they seem good.. still a bit worried tho cause i'm getting pelvic pain or something right now, but they didn't do a testicular ultrasound. Surely the blood test and Chest X-Ray would of probably ruled out TC right? I'm just scared about the pee thing

Comment

• biwi
                            • Jun 2015

As far as I know, TC doesn't leave any evidence in Urine. What specific blood tests were run?
                            6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                            6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                            7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                            7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
                            10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                            10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                            4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                            4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                            10/22/19: all clears up to this date!
                            4/8/24: stopped monitoring something like 2 years ago, still all clear!

Comment

• ReallyScared
                              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by biwi View Post
                              As far as I know, TC doesn't leave any evidence in Urine. What specific blood tests were run?
                              I believe the blood test was CBC, not sure though it was my first blood test.

Comment

Working...
                              X