X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 3c (no stage 4 in uk now) with lung and brain mets

Has anyone been on here with TC spread to the brain that has survived to tell the tale? I've read about the famous cases of Lance Armstrong and John Hartson but I imagine there will be less high profile success?

I think there is a few on this forum who have, I gent with the handle EODtech comes to mind.

Comment

The very fact that spread to brain for TC remains a stage 3C and not 4 classification is evidence of the ability to be cured at this level of disease progression.

Comment

My spread to my liver and lungs. I will tell you that i am 4 yrs post HDC. So yes even the worst cases have a pretty good outlook. There is 1 other guy on here that i remember he had brain mets. Have not heard 1 way or another how he is doing.
        Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
        Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
        Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
        Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
        April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
        May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
        August 7th 2012- BEP complete
        April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
        May 2013 RPLND
        Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
        Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
        Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
        Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
        Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
        Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan

Comment

I think the UK now don't have a stage 4 for testicular cancer - or at least that's what the cancer research web site says.

I've got my ultrasound on Monday and I'm fully expecting this diagnosis because of my symptoms. Doctors have told me that they don't even think I have TC but I'm so sure I do, and it's spread. Knowing my luck it will be 100% chorio too.

Comment

If I understand correctly you havenít been diagnosed with TC yet? If thatís the case it wouldnít be expecting that you be so far advanced. It isnít very common to find it and have that scenario.
            3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop!

Comment

I'm not but have all the symptoms of advanced TC, my GP literally doesn't believe me but I am so sure it's the case. I know it's unlikely but it has happened to some on here, I wouldn't be the first. I'll find out on Monday... hopefully!

Comment

Sorry for my posts, I'm jusy pretty scared of the outcome

Comment

Understandable but most likely if it is TC youíll have caught it fairly early as most do.
                  3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop!

Comment

I don't know how I would explain the serious pains in my chest and shortness of breath - I've considered going to the ER for a chest x ray. If they find anything in my testes on Monday then it wont bee an early stage, I'm so sure of it

Comment

I know you have symptoms that CAN sometimes be associated with metastatic TC but believe me they ARE much more frequently caused by other conditions. There are lots of conditions that cause chest pain and shortage of breath from anxiety through chest infections to any number of heart and lung conditions. ALL of these are more common than TC let alone stage 3 TC.

You need to wait for the ultrasound and STOP GOOGLING. It really doesnít help at theoretical diagnosis stage as you will just worry yourself witless because you donít know enough about exactly what you have or donít have to filter out the tonnes of stuff that just wonít apply to you.

At the stage you are now at, by far the most likely outcome is still that you donít have TC at all, then the next most likely is that you have TC but it is contained to testicle, then the next is that it has spread to lymph and way way way down at the back of the queue is that you have TC with spread to lungs, liver or brain. You really are jumping the gun at the moment AND EVEN IF IT IS TC AND IT HAS SPREAD, IT IS STILL VERY CURABLE.

Comment

Thanks, I guess I do know all that and a lot of this probably is anxiety that I can't see past. When I'm calm I can think that this is probably so unlikely, for one to be no noticeable lump on my testicles just some pain in one, then the chances of it actually being TC from the start are fairly slim. The chances of it then being advanced are much much slimmer and then the chances of it being advanced and a difficult type are even more slim. I'd probably be one of the first to self diagnose advanced tc... it all seems stupid when I write it out and read it back to myself. I just look for reassurance from others so thanks for your help. The biggest reassurance will be at the ultrasound on Monday.

Comment

Pains and stuff are common among all people. Yes many people have said something hurt then found something, but remember correlation does not prove causation. A doctor once told someone here that the pain caused by tumors would be constant no matter what you do. If you have pains that come and go it wouldnít be the type you should worry about.

Comment

Thanks. I never knew that before. I do have pain a lot of the time but it's never in the same place for long. A pain in my side, then groin, then chest, then back, then head then gone for a bit. Where the pains are seem to be a bit too much of a coincidence to me. And they are getting worse.

3 doctors have told me it's nothing so I should really listen.

If it is an advanced case of TC then it has come on in just the last few months so would be an aggresive type I would think. I'll find out tomorrow morning I guess

Comment

Hi Worried,

You need a proper check up and i understood you were after it with your doctors.

Just because you can't think of anything else then TC causing your symptoms it does not mean you have TC.
                              it could be a dozen of things, including Lyme, CFS / ME, bartonella infection etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X