• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jts324
    • Jan 2018

Gynecomastia and TC

Hi everyone,

I have not been diadnosed and am hoping that my ultrasound comes back negative.

In October or early November I started having a small breast growth in my right breast. I was freaked out and went to the doctor in the middle of November. He thought it was a lipoma but sent me for an ultrasound. Came back as gynecomastia. He said it wasn't a big deal and sent me for some blood tests.

All of my cbc and cmp levels came back nornal. My total testosterone was 519 and my total estrogen was high at 158 (normal is up to 115)

So I was referred to an endocrinologist. Have the appointment a month later 12/26. She felt my testicles and said they did not seem suspicious to her. Told me to get some bloodwork done in 1 month and then schedule a return visit. Also said to get an ultrasound of the testes to be sure. Which I am doing tomorrow 1/15.

So all in all it has been atleast 90 days since my Gynecomastia was first noticed. I do not have any lumps on my testicles, but one is slightly larger. I thought my left was bigger, wife thinks my right is bigger. So who knows.

If this was TC would I most likely have seen a major growth or swelling? Agaun, no lumps on the testicle itself.

Im beating myself up not asking for an ultrasound earlier and that neither of my doctors thought anything of it so it has been so long since my first symptom.

Only other symptom is my pants felt tighter in my groin, but not sure if that is due to gaining some weight as my pants were barely fitting around my waist from some weight I gained.

I have been extremely stressed and anxious about all this. Can't tell if the exhaustion is related ot not as I am finishing my principal certification and have an infant at home.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all!!
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

First, it is normal for one to be larger than the other, it would actually be strange if they were not. Only a change in size would be concerning.
    Second, I'm not clear why an endocrinologist would even examine your testicles or order an U/S? You were concerned about your breast area & gynecomastia is far more common than TC. I expect your U/S will not find anything unusual, so no reason to beat yourself up over not getting one sooner.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• mcintoda
      • Nov 2016

Are you taking any supplements or similar?

In the case of TC caused gynocemastia , I believe gynomastia is a result of HCG hornones secreted by certain tumors. Have they done this blood test?
      Age 31 - Portland, OR
      01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
      13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
      27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
      06DEC16 - CT scan clear
      09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
      03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
      18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

• Jts324
        • Jan 2018

Hey guys,

Thanks for the response. The Endocrinologist said that gynecomastia can be caused by TC so that is why she checked them...

She didborder an HCG but wanted me to wait 30 days because I was taking some digestive enzymes. She ordered a whole bunch of stuff.

I read sone posts where guys had gynecomastia and elevated estrogen due to TC so thats why I am freaked out.

Comment

• Jts324
          • Jan 2018

I think I am so freaked out because I saw 2 websites that said gynecomastia is a sign of advanced disease. And that the survival rate is lower with those people.

Do you guys think my testcicles would have swollen or something in the last 3-4 months? As in a very noticeable swell...

Comment

• mcintoda
            • Nov 2016

The high estrogen result you have may explain the gyno alone. Gyno is far more common than TC.

The testicle should be smooth like a marble all around. One testicle is usually bigger than the other; my tumor felt like a hard pea.

Ultrasound is pretty definitive for TC present in the testis.

I’m surprised that HCG would be affected by digestive issues you mention.

Take one day at a time. I know that waiting is the biggest challenge.
            Age 31 - Portland, OR
            01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
            13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
            27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
            06DEC16 - CT scan clear
            09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
            03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
            18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

• Jts324
              • Jan 2018

Mcintoda,

Sorry for the confusion. She ordered a complete hormone panel and hcg as well. She thought the estrogen could be from the digestive enzymes.

Also ordered tsh, fsh, T, E2, LH, prolactin

Waiting for results from labcorp. Had the test Wednesday and haven't gotten them back yet.

Comment

• sanis
                • Sep 2016

Hi there,

Usually it is driven by hormonal issues. Even though it is a good idea to check everything, so go for blood tests and ultrasound.

I developed this (something like this,) _after_ TC due to hormone imbalances, currently working on this.

dont worry about this.

Comment

• Davepet
                  • Mar 2010

Did you get U/S results today?

Comment

• Jts324
                    • Jan 2018

Hey guys,

Got the US results. All came back normal!

Thanks for the positive words and encouragement!

Comment

• Davepet
                      • Mar 2010

Glad to hear that. Now, of course, you'll need to work with the doc to find out what the problem actually is. Please post back when you know more. You never know who that info might help.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X