Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soft, squishy lumps inside the right side on the scrotum?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft, squishy lumps inside the right side on the scrotum?

Hello! I'm a 19 year old guy, never had any major health problems or TC history in my family but lately my health anxiety has been going crazy because of some strange symptoms I've noticed.
    Sorry if my description is going to be vague but I've got no idea how to describe it properly. Basically, the tubes connecting the right testicle (epididymis?) to the shaft are very prominent compared to the left (can barely feel those) and I can sometimes notice small, squishy lumps along them.
    Also, I think there's some kind of mass above the right testicle but I'm not sure whether it is connected to it or not. It's very soft, squishy and movable (palpable but it's so hard to "cup" I can't even make up the shape).
    The testicle itself feels normal, slightly bigger than the left one but the same texture.
    What should I make of this? Seeing a doctor is not really an option unless it's an emergency as I'm doing a lot of travel at the moment.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by alex.dvh97 View Post
    Seeing a doctor is not really an option unless it's an emergency as I'm doing a lot of travel at the moment.
    Seriously?Seeing a doc is your only option. You have identified that one side is significantly different than the other. That pretty much indicates a problem that a doc needs to look at. A slight difference in size is normal, but you are describing something quite different.
    That said, your description does not sound like TC, based on other descriptions, but why would you not get it checked to be certain? Whatever is going on is unlikely to just "go away" . Make an appointment & see a doc, it's only an hour or so out of your day.

Dave

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

There could be any number of things going on but without a scrotal ultrasound it is just a guessing game. Unfortunately, I think seeing a doctor and hopefully receiving a scrotal ultrasound is the only real first step.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Decided to give a call to my GP, she said that it sounds like an epididymal cyst but I'll try to schedule an appointment when I get home.
        Thank you very much for the advice, I'll make sure to follow through with an update as soon as I get some answers.

Comment

Working...
        X