X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Into the fray

Firstly, hello to everyone on here, hope you are doing well. I have been floating around this forum for the last month or so in looking for some answers or reassurance, and now I am joining up as I am waiting for my first scan, recommend by my GP. (I am shameful to admit that even though I am a programmer, I struggled to work out how to post on here, so I am now reconsidering my career choice!)

I think it started over Christmas just been, I noticed a twinge down south, to the right, but it didnít actually happen again. I regularly do checks and I noticed that the right one just felt a little different, like it had dried up and stiffened slightly. So then started 3/4 weeks of comparing it to the left, prodding it, squeezing it for firmness, comparing it to the left even more, of course I started to get more pain in that region, and so forth. On odd occasions I was certain that it was the same firmness as the left, but couldnít be sure. Between the start of Jan and now Iíve prodded it a few thousand times Iím sure. Went to the doctor yesterday who was also unsure, and suggested an US to put his mind at rest and mine, he didnít feel it was probably anything too nasty, but because of my age (28) wanted to check.

Itís the night before and my US is at 9 tomorrow morning, and I am terrified. I feel like the old normal has left me and I should prepare for the new normal, I am also scared that perhaps I didnít catch it early, perhaps Iíll be that small percentage that has the most aggressive form that doesnít react to treatment, or that my back is now aching and it is spread. Iím not sure what I aim to get out of writing this, just wanted to write. Thank you for reading.

No worries on the aim mate and sometimes just the writing of your thoughts help make the situation better. The forums are old technology for certain but full of knowledge so they are what they are unfortunately.

Easier said than done I know, but I wouldn't get too worried unless they tell you from the ultrasound that there is something to worry about. There isn't anything that you can personally do or should have done at this point. The ultrasound will start to get things sorted and obviously we are here if need be. Try to get some rest and hopefully you will have some more information here soon.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

Thank you, Mike. I really appreciate your response. No on the contrary the forum site is actually incredibly efficient! But I just had one of those simplistic stupid moments.

Again, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
        Thank you, Mike. I really appreciate your response. No on the contrary the forum site is actually incredibly efficient! But I just had one of those simplistic stupid moments.

Again, thank you.

Well, we manually approve each user (which is a bit slow) to keep out spammers the best we can and the platform is actually full of glitches but we always have our fingers crossed that they keep working as well as can be expected. haha. I got your humor. I did some work for a tech company and lost all of my emails twice. Go figure right. A tech company who can't back up their email properly. haha

Keep us posted mate and we are here if you need anything.

MIke
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

I know it's difficult, but take a deep breath & try to relax.The odds are good it's nothng serious, but even if it turns out to be TC, it is very treatable.

Dave
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Update for you guys: had the ultrasound yesterday and apparently both testicles are totally healthy. He spent a good amount of time on each having what looked like a thorough search, then he did a full scrotum search and said he found a lot of the thick veins that we sometimes get down south.

I asked him why the right testicle felt firmer than the left and he said firmness can sometimes be different too, and a problem would be Ďrockí firmness. He seemed sure that all was fine. Iím resisting the temptation to google Ďmissed ultrasoundí innodents, as hopefully this is the end of it

Comment

Working...
            X