Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirty days of being nervous.

Hello,

I made an appointment with my general care physician regarding testicular discomfort (right) and hip / lower back pain. It started off as me being able to feel my testicle throughout the day - like it weighed a few pounds. Over the course of a week or two pain began to get noticeable in the testicle and then it gradually started radiating to my hip. I can't really tell if my scrotum is swollen or not - it's always too damn cold here if you catch my drift. The appointment was thirty days ago and forty-eight hours ago I was finally able to get the ultrasound done. I still haven't heard back from my doctor and or the hospital where the ultrasound was done. Is that normal? I've had an ultrasound done in the past for the left testicle (I was 13 or 14) and it turned out to be epididymitis and those results were given roughly 4 hours after the ultrasound.

TC has popped up occasionally in the family tree, but its few and far between. I'm hoping I didn't win the gene-lottery, but the lack of information from my doctor and the lack of results from the radiologist / doctor is cause for concern.

How long does it normally take to get results? What were your symptoms?

I would ask/demand for an u/s. If not normal than blood work for tumor markers. Your symptoms could be due to TC.
    My son was 17 when dx he had terrible pain, swelling of his right testicle. Initially he did not tell anyone. But, once he could barely walk since his testicle was the size of a tennis ball he let me know something was wrong.
    Sadly, he was initially misdiagnosed, so about 7 weeks from the time he told me he had pain to being diagnosed with TC.
    Son Grant
    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.
    Grant is enjoying his senior year in High School Cancer Free!

Comment

I had the ultrasound done 48 hours ago. Still haven't gotten the results.

Comment

It depends on where you live. We've had reports of hours to weeks before U/S results are delivered. I'd call the docs office & make a pest of yourself.
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Definitely call them and ask - in my case, the doctor had results back on the day of the test!

Comment

Working...
          X