X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testicle lump

Hi, I recently found a small lump at the top of my testicle by the epididymis, it feels like it's attached to the testicle which is my main worry. I went to the doctor and they said they are sure it's a cyst but I can have an ultrasound to be sure if I want, which I took and waiting for the scan now.

My worry is that it feels like it's attached to the testicle, doctor saying she thinks it's a cyst is reassuring though.

She said that cancer lumps normally grow from inside the testicle rather than on it

ive read online that cancerous lumps normally grow on the front and sides of a testicle, is this true?

My main question is, can cysts be attached to the testicle itself? That what it feels like, right on the head of the testicle under the epididymis

Thanks

Hi DevonL,
    I wish I had answers for you, but I don't know anything specific about where the tumors grow.
    But I do hope it all works out for you - it can be a stressful time waiting to find out, but at least the ultrasound is quick and painless, and you should get the results quickly. If you don't hear back the next day, call and bug the doc for your results.

Good luck!
    Painless lump 5/18/2017
    Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
    Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
    No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

It may very well be an epididymal cyst but the key is that you have had the ultrasound and those results will be what they need to determine what exactly is going on. You are on the right path to having some answers but I know how difficult it can be waiting on those results.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

Attached, not attached, doesn't matter.You found a lump, you need an U/S, only that will tell you anything useful.We have guys here who have had lumps on every area of their testicles, & quite a few that just had changes in size & shape. The U/S is the only thing that will tell you what you need to know.

Eave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
        X