• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Margus
    • Feb 2018

Monitor testicular lump

Hi,
    Few weeks ago, I found a small (pea sized, maybe smaller) lump on bottom, inner side of my right testicle. Feels solid and painless, not attached to epidermis, but grows out of testicle. Both testicles are the same size. Not exactly sure for how long I have it, but I’m quite sure I didn't have it few months ago. I went to urologist, he examined a testicle with ultrasound and said he thinks it's benign but just in case need to monitor and visit him again in 6m for another ultrasound and then also will need to do blood test for tumor markers.
    I was so relieved that it’s not TC that I forgot to ask him why he thinks it’s benign, and I also forgot what he said it is. Only after I came back home I goggled more on the subject and I think he said it’s Fibroma. From what I understand it’s quite rare and I just wonder if the doctor is right.
    What do you think is it worth to get another opinion from different doctor or just wait and monitor and stop freaking about it?
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

Generally speaking an U/S is pretty conclusive, however I suggest a call to your doc to get clarification & peace of mind.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
    X