Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, advice, perspective - small rice like lump on outside of right testicle

Hi, I'm a 37 year old from Cheshire UK. I recently noticed a small thin almost rice likelump on the right side of my right testicle. When the scrotum shrinks you cant really feel it but when its relaxed I can feel it. I'd say its about 3/4 mm long by 0.5/1mm wide max. The right testicle is bigger than the left and doesnt hang as low as the left one. I noticed the Epididymus seems to be bigger on the right one too. I went to the GP today and asked her to inspect it but she shouldnt really feel it. She said I will send you for Ultrasound as a matter of routine but she was at pains to say its a non urgent US. She knows I am battling health anxiety having recently had another health worry that was nothing serious.I wanted to join this group to seek some form of reassurance (if possible) to try to deal with this uncertainty and worry. My wife says she can feel the slight lump when my scrotum is relaxed but shes convinced its not a 'lump'. I argue back it is because it's thin and raised and feels hard. I'm now going through the google every symptom possible and getting more and more anxious by the day. Can a cyst be hard? Are lumps on the side of your testicle more likely cancerous?

I noticed when (a bit personal but sharing) im aroused the relaxed tsticle changes and almost merges with the Epididymus and I cannot feel the lump like thing - is this a good thing or bad!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulflynn50 View Post
      My wife says she can feel the slight lump when my scrotum is relaxed but shes convinced its not a 'lump'. I argue back it is because it's thin and raised and feels hard. I'm now going through the google every symptom possible and getting more and more anxious by the day.
      OK, this seriously a bit flip, but are you *really* arguing with your wife about what your balls feel like?
      Last edited by Davepet; 03-06-18, 03:08 AM.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Yeah! She's basically saying stop worrying it's nothing and I disagree

I've never experienced worry like this now

Comment

Originally posted by paulflynn50 View Post
          Yeah! She's basically saying stop worrying it's nothing and I disagree

I've never experienced worry like this now
          OK, than you need to make a doc appointment & get this sorted out ASAP.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

This is an illustration of my rice like lump
            ​ ​​ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Comment

My GP couldn't feel mine 7 days ago, but she sent me for an ultrasound which found it, and the urologist definitely found it. I'm a total newbie here, but I'll go ahead and echo Dave and say you're doing the right thing to have it checked out with your ultrasound.

And, even if they do find something, cancer or not, I'm told there's still no need to get anxious.

I feel you on the uncertainty and worry though, I'm fighting that this week too. Today is better, thanks in part to this forum. I only just found this community yesterday, and the guys on here have been very helpful already. :-)

I actually got myself into urgent care about six months ago, for what turned out to be some repressed anxiety. I didn't know anxiety could manifest itself physically even if I don't actively "feel" worried. Since then one of the most helpful things for me has been to focus on making my exhales longer than my inhales, so that I don't hyperventilate.
              2/27/18 Pain in left testicle, hard masses in U/S, elevated AFP
              3/7/18 Left I/O
              Stage 1B non-seminoma, post-op AFP normal
              4/2/18 BEPx1

Comment

Hi Andrew82, so the ultrasound found your lump? Have they confirmed its a tumour?

Comment

Ultrasound found the lump. Subsequent blood test came back with one of the three cancer indicators elevated. We'll know for sure what it is next week.
                  2/27/18 Pain in left testicle, hard masses in U/S, elevated AFP
                  3/7/18 Left I/O
                  Stage 1B non-seminoma, post-op AFP normal
                  4/2/18 BEPx1

Comment

Working...
                  X