X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already seen a Dr.

I found a lump a few weeks ago and went the the ER. Dr felt it, said it was nothing to worried about but ordered an US.

I was still very nervous, so i booked an emergency appoinment with my family Dr. He felt it, said it felt like a cyst, but encouraged me to go to the US.

I went to the US, they said they had the local Urologist look at it and theyre comvinced its a cyst but i should go back in 2-3 months for another US. If its a cyst, why would they want me back? Also, i must touch it 10-12 times a day and im convinced its getting bigger. Ive read that i shouldnt touch it more than once a week. Is this true?

If it keeps growing, should i be nervous? Through this ive found out my dad had cysts in his younger days and they went away on their own.

They want to confirm. Stop worrying.

Comment

I wouldn't be overly concerned but I would follow up as recommended. The US is very good at detecting and ruling out testicular cancers. Even in the worse case, and it was a cancer, if the results now are inconclusive, then following up in 2 months would really have no effect on your outcomes. I would leave it alone and not check it 10 times a day as you'll never notice a difference that way and then follow up in 2 months.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

Youre doing the right thing, no need to worry.

Comment

Lucky dad. Last week I had my cysts removed as they had grown over the past 8 years to be about the size of a large orange. And they were uncomfortable even though I knew they were cysts (US) and seldom touched them. (Multi focal, an uncounted number of cysts).

You have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I wouldn't worry, they are just being cautious. Manipulating your testicles 10 times a day could easily irritate them & cause swelling. Once a month is the recommendation for self exams.

Dave
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
            X