• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guy2989
    • May 2018

Lump on Left testicle

Hello all,

So I have had a lump in my left testicle (don’t have a right one was removed when I was a newborn because it was undecended). I have had this lump for at least 4.5 years and it has caused pain every now and then. I have recently also been having lower back pain with numbness running down my left leg. Sometimes it feels like I could have knots or lumps when laying down. i went to the doctors last week he felt it said if it’s been there for over 4 years it’s not a huge concern. Still sent me for an ultrasound which reveled a well-circumscribed hypoechoic solid module measuring 1.0 x 1.0 x .3 cm with some central vascularity. My internist still isn’t alarmed but he does suggest I see a urologist cause of pain in the testicle. Based on what I have described do you guys think I may have tc? I’m just a little concerned. Also the radiologist recommended a second ultrasound in 3-6 months, radiologist also said has the appearance of a lymph node. What do you all think?
  • mcintoda
    • Nov 2016

I've also heard the sentiment that if you've had it for 4 + years then you'd probably not be doing well enough to be writing this forum post. I think TC doubles every month. So imagine what kind of progression would normally occur in 4+ years. Still, if I were you I'd go to a urologist for an assessment.
    Age 31 - Portland, OR
    01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
    13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
    27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
    06DEC16 - CT scan clear
    09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
    03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
    18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

• Davepet
      • Mar 2010

From the Testicular Cancer Resource Center Dictionary:
      Hypoechoic - A term used to describe a part of an ultrasound image where the echoes are not as bright as normal or are less bright than the surrounding structures. Hypoechoic structures in the testicle usually mean there is a solid mass inside the testicle, and that mass is very likely to be cancerous and should be removed.
      Based on those results, something is seriously wrong, might want to get another scan from another facility, just because you've had some symptoms for 4 years, does NOT mean that something hasn't changed recently, Your US is clearly saying TC, that your docs are not seeing that is a big concern to me. I would consider finding docs that understand test results , yours do not seem to be doing so.So to beat a dead horse, your U/S says TC based on what I have learned, while am not a doc, I would say treatment should start sooner rather than later. You may need to change docs, yours don't seem to understand....

Dave
      Last edited by Davepet; 06-09-18, 03:58 PM.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• vpirh
        • Sep 2017

A solid mass does not mean cancer. It means “most likely cancer”. An infraction will present as a solid mass.

Comment

• Guy2989
          • May 2018

I’m going to a urologist today, will keep you all updated.

Comment

• Guy2989
            • May 2018

So just an update, the urologist said the lump was outside (extratesticular) and is of very little concern. he said everything inside the testicle was fine.

Comment

• mcintoda
              • Nov 2016

That’s good news.
              Age 31 - Portland, OR
              01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
              13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
              27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
              06DEC16 - CT scan clear
              09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
              03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
              18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Working...
              X