X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bandc416
    • Jun 2018

Another question

Sorry to be asking so many questions, but you guys have been so good at answering.
    I tried to send a private message but I don't think it went through.
    So here is my question, my left testicle has cysts and is having pain. That is where I started my journey to see why I was having pain. Bloodwork is fine and the ultrasound confirmed a tumor in my right one and cysts in my left.
    The urologist flat out said the right one needs to go. But not to do anything with the left one.
    My fear is I will get the right one out which I know needs to go, but what if the pain in the left one is not phantom pain as they think and I end up with a testicle that has the original pain? And final thought, since the left one already has cysts, should I ask to go ahead and have it removed? Thanks again for your thoughts and view points and your experience.
  • Bandc416
    • Jun 2018

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on my question? Davepet?

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      • Apr 2008

Unless the ultrasound showed a mass that was suspicious for testicular cancer, then i would not simply have it removed because of cysts and/or pain. If pain does develop, then perhaps other things can be tried to treat it.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• Davepet
        • Mar 2010

Sorry, been busy at work. Cysts do not require removal as a rule, but there are treatments that may help. Talk to your doc about that.

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
        X