X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrasound results

My doctor had me sent for an ultrasound to look at a lump on the inside of my right testicle. Two days later I received a call about my results. They told me they found nothing and my doctor thought the lump was gone. The US did not find the lump. Should I be concerned? How accurate is an ultrasound? I am 19 years old. I’m not sure if I’m worrying over nothing or have a legitimate cause to worry. The lump is about the size of a grain of rice.

Thanks for any feedback

At this point i would not even give it a second thought. But if you are not comfortable with the results ask for a second opinion and ask to have tumor markers tested.
    But i do believe both of those are over kill and if i were in your shoes i would be doing a happy dance cause you dont have TC.
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

If you are concerned or not satisfied ask for an ultrasound in 3 months time. It will confirm whatever is happening.

Comment

Do you still feel it?
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by eodtech2001 View Post
          At this point i would not even give it a second thought. But if you are not comfortable with the results ask for a second opinion and ask to have tumor markers tested.
          But i do believe both of those are over kill and if i were in your shoes i would be doing a happy dance cause you dont have TC.
          Thanks, that’s definitely a relieving opinion.

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
          Do you still feel it?
          And yes, it is definitely there. I’m confused as to why the US came back good and doesn’t acknowledge the bump i can clearly feel. Any idea what I could be feeling?

Comment

Next question: Does your doc still feel it? While U/S is very accurate with a skilled tech, it might be worth another with a different tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
              Next question: Does your doc still feel it? While U/S is very accurate with a skilled tech, it might be worth another with a different tech.
              That’s the weird thing about this all. She did not even try to feel it, she just asked me where it was. I showed her the location and she sent me to get an ultrasound. No one ever tried to feel the spot at either the doctor or the hospital I received the ultrasound at.

I’m just very confused what the bump could be seeing the US did not acknowledge it.

The main reason I went in the first place was to figure out what it was and to try and put my mind at rest, but the US not acknowledging it is keeping my mind running.

Comment

Does anybody have any idea what this spot could be? It’s still worrying me because the US found nothing and I can not decide if I schedule another appointment with my doctor.

Comment

No idea what it might be, there are too many possibilities, most of them nothing serious, but if you doc didn't even give it a feel, you need a new doc. That is the first thing any real doc will do with a complaint of a testicular lump.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X