Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlarged testicle

Hello 👋 i hope everyone reading this is doing well

About 6 months ago, i noticed an enlargement in my left testicle (with no other symptoms). Unfortunately, i just saw a GP last Wednesday. He checked it and found it too smouth with no lumps. Yesterday, i did a transillumination test at home and the result was positive 💡. Can i confirm it is a Hydrocele??
    I have read in some websites that testicular cancer may result in a hydrocele. Is that right ? If yes why it is not usually written in testicular cancer symptoms?

I can’t stop worrying i’m living hard time.
    My ultrasound is next Tuesday

Hello! Welcome to the forum. I understand your concern and worry. I first noticed my left testicle was swollen and larger than normal. It had grown over a period of 6 months before I went to the doctor. I was 35, this was two August’s ago. Your testicle shouldn’t be growing outside the normal ages of puberty. Mine was growing due to a pure seminoma inside it. I had no other bumps on the outside to show any concern. Your ultrasound will confirm or deny whether it’s cancer or not. Step back take a deep breathe. Dont google a bunch either it won’t help you feel any better. If it turns out to be a tumor you probably caught it early which is good. But there is hope it’s possibly nothing more than a hydrocele. Either way you will get through this. I noticed with mine I had minor back pain and when I got diagnosised with TC i had a 5cm nodule in the retroprenial area )probably butchered that word but it’s the nodes in abdomen near the spine). Fast forward 10 months post chemo and I have my next scans this Monday to hopefully be clear still. You will be alright try to relax.

Comment

Originally posted by spence21 View Post
      Hello! Welcome to the forum. I understand your concern and worry. I first noticed my left testicle was swollen and larger than normal. It had grown over a period of 6 months before I went to the doctor. I was 35, this was two August’s ago. Your testicle shouldn’t be growing outside the normal ages of puberty. Mine was growing due to a pure seminoma inside it. I had no other bumps on the outside to show any concern. Your ultrasound will confirm or deny whether it’s cancer or not. Step back take a deep breathe. Dont google a bunch either it won’t help you feel any better. If it turns out to be a tumor you probably caught it early which is good. But there is hope it’s possibly nothing more than a hydrocele. Either way you will get through this. I noticed with mine I had minor back pain and when I got diagnosised with TC i had a 5cm nodule in the retroprenial area )probably butchered that word but it’s the nodes in abdomen near the spine). Fast forward 10 months post chemo and I have my next scans this Monday to hopefully be clear still. You will be alright try to relax.
      Did you experience an increase in the firmness of the testicle or just enlargement?

Comment

Your question about firmness is not a stead fast way of knowing if its cancer or not. Some guys caught it super early. Just felt a lump. In my case it had enlarged prior to cancer because i had lost 1 in the military. Fast forward several years and it was hard as rock.
        What my clues were i developed nite sweats, heavy painful feeling vs firmness.
        Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
        Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
        Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
        Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
        April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
        May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
        August 7th 2012- BEP complete
        April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
        May 2013 RPLND
        Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
        Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
        Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
        Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
        Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
        Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
        Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
        Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Moha: yes my testicle was hard like a glass bottle. My non cancerous testicle has some give in it like pressing on an empty can. But like eodtech said that isn’t the best way to detect cancer. Mine was hard cuz my lump grew in the middle and expanded my testicle taking away the softness. Mine also grew for a longer time.

Comment

Thankfully. It is a hydrocele 🙌

Thank you for your replies guys

Comment

Working...
            X