X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testicular Tumor or Cyst? Please Help

Around 2 weeks ago I noticed a pea sized lump on my right testicle on the top of it. Description of lump: right testicle, pea sized lump. hard, painless. perfectly round.

Located at the top rear. it seems that its connected to the testicle itself by a smaller piece of flesh or something and can "slide" across the top of the teste a little bit. not a tremendous amount, but there is a little freeplay.

I found out about Spermatocele on the web and the more i read the more i noticed my symptoms fit that more than the actual tc lesion, which is supposedly ON the testicle with no connections and doesn't move around. it also said tumors usually appear on the sides and front, while mine is the head of the epididymis.

I took a pregnancy test and the result came out saying that I was NOT pregnant.

What does it sound to you guys? does it sound like the spermatocele or tc? and if i waited say 2/3 months how far along is that in cancer progression? is it major? minor?

what if i just kept check on the tumor and if it doesn't grow or start feeling pain just let it be?

I am an international Student studying in the United States, whose parent are two continents away. I have no medical insurance and I have not discussed this with my parents. I am afraid they may faint or not handle the stress.

i need a little reassurance or a good suggestion

There is no real way of diagnosing yourself by feel or by comparing symptoms you read off the internet. Taking a pregnancy test does not guarantee it is or is not cancer. You need to go see a doctor and have them do the appropriate examinations. Tumor markers and an ultrasound are the appropriate testing to find out if it's cancerous or not.
    I'm not trying to scare you I'm just telling you how it is. It could be something other than cancer exactly as you been finding out on the internet but again no real way to know unless you get a proper exam.
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

You need to be checked by a doctor You may be able to get insurance through your school for a reasonable cost?

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

You should go to a doctor and get checked out. If it’s not ON the testicle the chances that it’s TC are low if I understand correctly. If the doc suspects TC then they will order an ultrasound. It’s a piece of cake. Why worry ? Go see the doc.
        Age 31 - Portland, OR
        01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
        13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
        27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
        06DEC16 - CT scan clear
        09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
        03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
        18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Working...
        X