Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit harder side of testicle

Hello,

I have some questions. A few weeks ago I visited an urologist because I was self-examing my testicles some weeks before and thought that one side of my right testicle is a bit harder and "higher" than rest of the testicle. When I went to the urologist he examed my testicles and I also got an ultrasound. After ultrasound my urologist said that everything is clear, no tumor or orchitis/epididymitis. He said that only my epididymis is a bit enlarged, but it is not caused by something dangerous and I am ok and if I have any problem in future I can of course call him. But it's 3 weeks for now and I still feel that one side of the testicle is a bit harder and higher, I don't know what it should be? I better booked for control ultrasound to my urologist in 1st half of December. But Can I be safe after these 2 ultrasounds? Can ultrasound miss something or won't display it?
    I am sorry for that wall of text but I am really paranoid even after ultrasound, I know thats maybe because I have an anxiety disorder and some other psychic disorders, I self-exam my testicles almost everyday, so thats maybe why its that? I was on testicular ultrasound even in January and June, but this everytime makes me even more anxious.

Thanks for reply
    Last edited by Mira7474; 11-18-20, 08:17 AM.

The ultrasound is the best test for assessing what may be happening in the scrotum and it is very effective in ruling out any issues. I would have confidence in the results unless the issues became worse over time. Examining your testicles every day probably won't allow enough time in between checking to identify any changes so perhaps try only doing it once a month or even once a week if monthly isn't possible. That way you can better notice changes over time. Anxiety and psychic challenges can certainly add to the difficulties and I am glad that you have them recognized. If the next ultrasound is negative then perhaps addressing things from that perspective may help. Again, if things get worse it is a different story but noticing the same issues and having them shown to be OK several times, would be very convincing to me.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Thanks for reply, Mike, so I will now just wait what the next ultrasound will say. And what do you mean exactly by "If the next ultrasound is negative then perhaps addressing things from that perspective may help?" Should I after next negative ultrasound contact anyone else or should I be OK and comfortable?

Comment

What I was meaning is that if the next ultrasound is negative (which would make me comfortable that there are no issues) but you are still having a lot of anxiety, etc. about the situation, then perhaps speaking with someone about the anxiety issues might be an appropriate step. Hopefully, that makes more sense.

Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Working...
        X