Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lump on bottom of testicle.

Hello all,

Great site by the way...
    Well, if my scrotum is completely relaxed and loose (like in a hot shower) the lump is at the bottom of my left testicle (comparatively in the spot where the tail of the epididymis is on my right testicle). If my scrotum is just regularly contracted, as in at room temperature, the lump is on the backside of the scrotum. It is pretty spherical and about the size of a pea.

I first noticed it at least a year ago, and went to my GP who just said not to worry and it was probably an inflammation or something.
    The consistency may change, I'm not really sure. It seems like sometimes it is somewhat squishy and other times very firm. I wouldn't go as far as to say it is like a stone, but can be quite firm.

It feels attached to the testicle, and can give me some pain. The pain is sort of pulsating, and I can localize it to the bottom, and behind of my left testicle. Laying on my stomach instead of my back seems to help alleviate the pain. The pain is about a 3 on a scale of 1-10.

I've also had sporadic pain and difficulty urinating a couple of times over the past year and a half or so, but I've only had one sexual partner since I became sexually active 4 years ago and she has been tested for gonnorhea and chlamydia (negative). But she gets UTI's often it seems.

Anyways, I just recently visited the hospital again where the ER doctor took a urine sample and prescribed me with cipro for a week... The lump is still there after the cipro, and seems to be more painful nowadays. I was never told the results of my urine sample, despite a few calls to the hospital.
    I got a referral to a urologist, and my appointment is on May 20th...

But this is really getting to me, and I would like some people's opinions in the mean time. I'm driving myself crazy and its all I think about every day... Especially since I almost constantly feel a localized pulsating of pain (not debilitating but still bothersome).

Thanks in advance,
    Neodoxa

Originally posted by Neodoxa
    Hello all,

Great site by the way...
    Well, if my scrotum is completely relaxed and loose (like in a hot shower) the lump is at the bottom of my left testicle (comparatively in the spot where the tail of the epididymis is on my right testicle). If my scrotum is just regularly contracted, as in at room temperature, the lump is on the backside of the scrotum. It is pretty spherical and about the size of a pea.

I first noticed it at least a year ago, and went to my GP who just said not to worry and it was probably an inflammation or something.
    The consistency may change, I'm not really sure. It seems like sometimes it is somewhat squishy and other times very firm. I wouldn't go as far as to say it is like a stone, but can be quite firm.

It feels attached to the testicle, and can give me some pain. The pain is sort of pulsating, and I can localize it to the bottom, and behind of my left testicle. Laying on my stomach instead of my back seems to help alleviate the pain. The pain is about a 3 on a scale of 1-10.

I've also had sporadic pain and difficulty urinating a couple of times over the past year and a half or so, but I've only had one sexual partner since I became sexually active 4 years ago and she has been tested for gonnorhea and chlamydia (negative). But she gets UTI's often it seems.

Anyways, I just recently visited the hospital again where the ER doctor took a urine sample and prescribed me with cipro for a week... The lump is still there after the cipro, and seems to be more painful nowadays. I was never told the results of my urine sample, despite a few calls to the hospital.
    I got a referral to a urologist, and my appointment is on May 20th...

But this is really getting to me, and I would like some people's opinions in the mean time. I'm driving myself crazy and its all I think about every day... Especially since I almost constantly feel a localized pulsating of pain (not debilitating but still bothersome).

Thanks in advance,
    Neodoxa
    Make an appointment with a urologist and ask them to perform an ultrasound to give you some piece of mind that it isn't cancerous.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the fast response... I have a Urologist appointment on May 20th... But as for now I'd just like some opinions because it is driving me crazy, especially since it's been there so long it would have spread by now probably. I cant remember the first time I went in for it but it was probably at least 2 years ago.

Comment

Hey there, if it's any comfort, as I know TC grows really fast (mine - nonseminoma - grew like 1-2 cm over just about 3 weeks). As for advise, try to get your mind off it, and don't waste time and act promptly with what the doctors say. Funny I have my first appt on May 20 after my RPLND in Feb. Good luck!

Comment

Hey, thanks for the response. Do they continue growing? Because mine has been pretty much the same size since I found it at least a year ago (could be a 1.5 years, could be 3-4 years, I can't remember when my first visit for it was exactly).

This far down the road, if it was cancer would there be any other symptoms of the cancer by now?

Oh, I'm 22 by the way.

Comment

Well, guys... I went back to the ER because I couldn't stand to wait an extra week and a half for the ultrasound from the Urologist. I got an ultrasound done tonight after the doctor (different one than last time) said it is either a cyst or a tumor, as it seems attached to the testicle. He was telling me about Lance Armstrong and how you could overcome anything before the ultrasound was done. (Which instantly had me completely scared it was probably TC)...

Well, the ultrasound results came back in about a half hour, they took 66 pictures and he said that he is extremely confident I do not have TC and just possibly have a varicocele. He showed me the ultrasound pictures and the bloodflow pictures and all of that, and they looked fine.

So, I am still going to my already-scheduled urologist appointment, but it looks like I'm in the clear.

Thanks to the replies in this thread, and good luck to all of you.
            -Neodoxa

Comment

Hey, that's great news Glad to hear you're okay there!

Comment

Hey guys... I guess I'm still a bit worried about all of this... I mean, the ultrasound came up clear, and the doctor seemed very confident it was a small varicocoele... I still went to my urologist appointment on May 20th, and he tried to feel for the lump but couldnt find it (room was too cold, scrotum wasn't relaxed at all)... But he looked at the ultrasound results and said I was fine and had nothing to worry about.

I guess I've just read too many stories where ultrasounds come up clean and then it turns out to be cancer down the road.

Still concerned... I just want to stop worrying about it, but it's hard.

Am I in the clear based on the 66 pictures they took in the ultrasound and the urologist appointment?

Thanks a lot...

-Neodoxa

Comment

Few things in life have airtight guarantees, but I'd keep up the monthly self-examination to watch for any changes -- and relax.
                  Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
                  right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

lump??

Not sure if anyone is still checking this post, but for the last couple years I have had an off-and-on pain in my left testicle, similar to what 'Neo' might be talking about, which I had checked by a couple doctors a couple different times. They couldn't find anything and didn't know what the pain was, but I had an ultrasound done just to be safe. They didn't find anything either. Recently I have noticed some slight pain coming back and a lump on the bottom/back side of the left testicle. I feel as if it moves a little, and sometimes I can really feel it and other times I can't. My main question is that if I had testicular cancer, would the lump be hard and firmly connected to one spot on the testicle? Or does the lump/tumor for testicular cancer feel squishy and sometimes feel like it may move from the bottom of the testicle to the back side? Do these symptoms sound more like a varicocele?

Comment

Hey mate , with mine they were hard to find and were hard in texture. Could be worth another trip to the doc?

Cheers

Kiwi
                      >>>>>>>>>
                      TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
                      TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

hey, my problem sounds a lot like yours. A few years back I noticed that if I ever got hit in that region, the left one would always hurt a lot more, and i would sometimes get a pulsating pain that would last maybe 20 seconds. And that when completely relaxed, the lump on the bottom of my left testicle was very noticeable, but when not relaxed, such as when I went to the doctor, he could not feel anything, but I believe I feel lit behind the testicle, still at the bottom.

So about a month after noticing the lump, which was about a year and a half after noticing the pain, I went to the doctor who had me lay down, and he found nothing.

Now, its a year later, and I went last week, but he didnt check the testicles, he checked the chord or soemthing that connects them and I said the left one hurt mor and he told me it was probably some infection or swelling, but tonight when I was completely relaxed and warm, I checked, and noticed the lump very well.

This thread is my first and only assurance that it may not be caner, but I am still worried, mainly because if it is cancerous, I have had this for about 3 years now, in which case I think it would have spread very far by now.

Im going back to the doctor soon, so I will have to wait and find out.

Comment

Working...
                        X