Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in scrotum and abdomen

Hi,

About 2 years ago I found out that I had a benign cyst on my right testicle. Lately, I have been experiencing a dull pain in the lower-to-center right abdominal region. A few days after I started experiencing that pain, I started feeling a dull ache in my left testicle. The pain is not constant and seems to come and go throughout the course of the day. However, I feel the pain more often than not.

I have done a self-examination and did not notice any lumps (aside from the benign cyst) or any swelling. I am a bit worried as to what this might be. Are these typical signs of testicular cancer or something serious?

If the pain doesn't go away soon I am definitely going to go see a doctor. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

It's likely to be something less serious than testicular cancer, but if it continues, do check it out with your doctor.
    Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

I would get this checked out with a doc in case that cyst has changed its makeup, unlikly but ....... best to be safe.

Cheers

Kiwi
      >>>>>>>>>
      TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
      TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Originally posted by ab23 View Post
        If the pain doesn't go away soon I am definitely going to go see a doctor.
        Good idea.
        Stage III. Embryonal Carcinoma, Mature Teratoma, Choriocarcinoma.
        Diagnosed 4/19/06, Right I/O 4/21/06, RPLND 6/21/06, 4xEP, All Clear 1/29/07, RPLND Incisional Hernia Surgery 11/24/08, Hydrocelectomy and Vasectomy 11/23/09.

Please see a physician for medical advice!

My 2013 LiveSTRONG Site
        The 2013 Already Balders

Comment

Its definitely a good Idea to go see your doctor, just in case. Always better to be on the safe side.
          Diagnosed Sept 26th 2008 Both AFP and HGC slightly elevated 1.1cm Lump found right testicle with small satellite lesions, CT scan negative.
          Right Radical Orcidectomy Oct 2nd 2008
          Markers Normalized 1 Week Post Surgery on to surveillance
          End of Nov AFP rose to 44.5, CT scan Negative
          3xBEP Dec-Feb
          March-APF normalized on to surveillance again
          May 6th-CT 4.5cm tumor in abdomen, tumor markers normal.
          RPLND May 26th 2009 found teratoma
          On to surveillance
          All Clear as of Sept 2011

Comment

A simple and painless ultrasound will put your mind at ease. If you were my kid brother, I'd suggest going to see your doctor just to make sure.
            Maria
            *Hubby Andy diagnosed 02/13/07, Left IO 02/16/07 *Stage 1A Non-Seminoma (65% Immature Teratoma / 35% Embryonal Carcinoma) *RPLND 04/27/07 Lymph Nodes-ALL CLEAR
            *Complications from Chylous Ascites so Laparotomy 05/03/07 *No food for 10 weeks, TPN only *07/18/07 Removed drains, tubes, picc line *CT Scan 07/31/07-ALL CLEAR
            *CT Scan 02/12/08-ALL CLEAR *Hydrocele surgery 06/19/08 *CT Scan 9/30/08 and 03/06/09 shows <cm left lung nodule - under surveillance

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. The pain went away for a few weeks but now it is back again. I cannot make it to a doctor for another 2 weeks or so because I'm out of town. Should I be worried about anything serious if the pain disappeared for a few weeks but now is back again?

Thanks!

Comment

Mate,

Anything health wise should be actied on ASAP. The sooner any problem is located the easier is is usually to correct.

Cheers

Kiwi
                >>>>>>>>>
                TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
                TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Working...
                X