X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Me

I am 16 years old, and I have recently found a lump that is attached to the left, back side of my left testicle. I cannot move this lump hardly at all, when i move the lump, my testicle moves too. I am really worried that I have testicular cancer. Also, I have recently been having slight back pains. Please Help Me!

Have you discussed this with your parents? How long have you noticed this lump? Over that time has it changed in size? Leaving all these questions aside, it is very important that you be seen by a urologist as soon as possible. When you meet with the doctor, be very clear about everything you mentioned here. There will be testing the urologist will request after he or she examines you. We're all here to help you along the way. This may very well not be TC but the important thing is for you to find out for sure. And there's only one way to know: see a urologist right away.

Alex
    TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
    TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

What you described needs to be checked as soon as possible. It may not be TC but you do have some classic signs.
      Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

A lot of people worry about back pain and think its cancer. I had back pain before cancer and post. Mostly its muscles (of course there is the rare cases where it is).

You need to tell your parents or if not comfortable, go see your local GP and get a referral to get an ultrasound and see a urologist.
        Initial diagnoses: Elevated hCG, Left I/O 17-June-2010. Prosthetic implant.
        Pathology: Stage 1b, Seminoma/Teratoma
        Treatment: Surveillance. hCG normalised 07/10
        Relapse: Elevated hCG. 3xBEP finished 24/01/2011

Comment

The best thing to do is talk with your parents about this and to go see the doctor. If it ends up being nothing you are no worse for the wear, and if it does end up being something the sooner you get the process started the better.
          Diagnosed Sept 26th 2008 Both AFP and HGC slightly elevated 1.1cm Lump found right testicle with small satellite lesions, CT scan negative.
          Right Radical Orcidectomy Oct 2nd 2008
          Markers Normalized 1 Week Post Surgery on to surveillance
          End of Nov AFP rose to 44.5, CT scan Negative
          3xBEP Dec-Feb
          March-APF normalized on to surveillance again
          May 6th-CT 4.5cm tumor in abdomen, tumor markers normal.
          RPLND May 26th 2009 found teratoma
          On to surveillance
          All Clear as of Sept 2011

Comment

You absolutely need to get it checked by the doc, kindaworried. The odds are that it is not TC, but if it is, the sooner you get treatment, the better your outcome, so don't put this off. Get off your computer & go talk to your folks, do it now & get it over with.

Also: good on you to be paying enough attention to find this problem & to come in here looking for help. Now make the next smart move & get it checked out.

Dave
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

smart kid for sure....ignorance is bliss, we'll I was pretty dumb for most of my life...

Comment

Definitely go see your doctor. It is most likely not TC, so it will ease your mind. But TC is serious, so you need to get an Ultrasound.
                Right I/O Aug 2008
                Embryonal Carcinoma
                Mets in Lymph Nodes - Stage II B
                3xBEP @ Vanderbilt Sep-Nov 08
                Surveillance Dec 08 - present
                2 Year All Clear 1/13/2011!

Comment

Working...
                X