X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know what to do!

Hey, basically I've felt a sort of lump on the top of my testicle, its been there for a good few months or so, I also get pain at the very bottom of my back. I've meant to tell my mum/dad but whenever I go to do so, I become scared and then panic, resulting in not telling anyone. I'm 15 years old, I'm scared of telling someone, I'm scared of going to the doctors, and I'm scared of actually having cancer. I don't know what to do, and I don't know how to tell anyone..

Chances are good that lump you feel is something other than cancer, but you need to find out for sure. Have you already read the advice in this post?
    Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

wesmom

You should always talk to either of your parents or both. They may need to take you to the doctor (Urologist). Early detection is very important. Please talk to them ASAP. It may be nothing at all, but it's better to be safe than sorry. The men on this forum will be able to help you more than me.
      Son Diagnosed 6/24/10
      Right I/O 6/28/10
      (65% Teratoma, 10% EC, 10% Yolk Sac, 10% Seminoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma)
      3XBEP 8/10-10/10
      RPLND 11/2/11 (cyst in right pelvic area was mature teratoma and lymph nodes were clear)

Comment

You are a pretty typical guy. We just hate talking to people about our junk. Explain to your parents that you were doing a monthly self-exam just like you learned in Health class or whatever, and that you found something you are not sure about. Women do self-exams all the time. Your parents will understand and set up a doctor's appointment. I agree that you probably don't have cancer, but you should get it checked out.
        "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
        Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

Originally posted by tank9845 View Post
          Hey, basically I've felt a sort of lump on the top of my testicle, its been there for a good few months or so, I also get pain at the very bottom of my back. I've meant to tell my mum/dad but whenever I go to do so, I become scared and then panic, resulting in not telling anyone. I'm 15 years old, I'm scared of telling someone, I'm scared of going to the doctors, and I'm scared of actually having cancer. I don't know what to do, and I don't know how to tell anyone..
          Hey dude,

Please go and explain your situation to your parents they'll help you and take you to a urologist. If you take the first step and help yourself no one can help you, it's highly likely it isn't cancer and if it is it's caught early like my lump.

It is scary but it can save your life and stop all this worrying.
          Malignant teratoma undifferentiated (MTU), teratoma differentiated (TD); and classical seminoma.

Size of testis: 45 x 25 x 25 mm
          Spermatic cord: 80 mm in length
          Location of tumour: Testicular parenchyma
          Size of tumour: 25 mm
          Surface of tumour: irregular and nodular

‎"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. Thatís why we call it the present!
          "

Comment

As the girlfriend of a very young testicular cancer patient, I strongly advocate early detection monthly self checks and early detection. Although it may not seem this way, trust me, this is nothing embarrassing. In fact, your parents will be proud that their son was mature and smart enough to fill them in on what's going on and will be happy to assist you in finding a urologist who will be able to tell you what is happening for sure. It's likely, as many others have said, that you do not have cancer. However, in a situation like this, living without real knowledge is potentially dangerous. Please take this advice and talk to your parents. You will be so relieved you did!! Good luck
            Yana (George's girlfriend)
            Diagnosed 6/21/10 with hCG 471,671
            4xBEP began 6/22/10
            Beginning of cycle 2 hCG 4,644
            Beginning of cycle 3 hCG 767
            Beginning of cycle 4 hCG 156
            hCG 35
            hCG 27
            hCG 29
            hCG 113
            hCG 294
            Left I/O 10/26/10