X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My symptoms

Hello everyone i am 15 years old also, and i think that i may be at risk of having testicular cancer. I do not feel any lumps or bumps in my scrotum or on any of my testicules that i am aware of. But the the pains that i first started having were not around any of my testicules, but on my penis. But after a few weeks i started feeling pains in my groin and lower abs. i am not sure why i am feeling these pains? i work out alot and i was working my abs out alot at the gym a few nights ago and i feel like i pulled my groin. after looking at the symptoms of tc i started trying to feel for bumps on my left testical and i think i really irritated my left testical because now it is really sore and i think i am experiencing more groin pains, i am going to the doctor today at 12pm i am just so nervous... can anyone give me advice?
    Last edited by dantheman; 01-21-11, 10:14 AM.

I think that i am a very healthy boy, i am very active! I play highschool football and golf. The only thing that is wrong with me is that i have type 1 diabetes, their is no family history of tc in my family that my mom and dad know of. I was born with no problems of my testicules and i do not have any liquid in my scrotum and my right testicle feels perfect. My left on is just sore with no bumps that i have felt and i am experiencing just groin pains. is this normal?

Comment

My symptoms

Hello everyone i am 15 years old also, and i think that i may be at risk of having testicular cancer. I do not feel any lumps or bumps in my scrotum or on any of my testicules that i am aware of. But the the pains that i first started having were not around any of my testicules, but on my penis. But after a few weeks i started feeling pains in my groin and lower abs. i am not sure why i am feeling these pains? i work out alot and i was working my abs out alot at the gym a few nights ago and i feel like i pulled my groin. after looking at the symptoms of tc i started trying to feel for bumps on my left testical and i think i really irritated my left testical because now it is really sore and i think i am experiencing more groin pains, i am going to the doctor today at 12pm i am just so nervous... can anyone give me advice?

Comment

Good call on seeking the help of a physician. If there are no issues with your testicles after having performed a self-exam, then it is extremely unlikely you have TC. You should definitely address these concerns with your doc, but absent other things, the only risk factor you seem to have for developing TC is that you are a guy .
        "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
        11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
        12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

thank you so much, i am very glad i found this site. all of you people are very nice and helpful people that makes me happy to be able to talk too! i am going in a few hours to the doctor, i stayed home from school today. but i will deffinatly post everything that me and my doctor discusses and all that he say! im really hoping for the best

Comment

I just recently got back from the doctors office and he did a physical exam on me and he said he felt no bump at all and that he said that i do not have tc from what he just examined, but he said the reason why i am feeling the way i am is because when i was born my scrotum did not close all the way and he suspects that i am developing what is know as a hernia? i am very releaved but i am going to a surgen to see if i need to take any surgery to fix what is wrong

Comment

Yes, inguinal hernias (basically when a piece of the intestine starts to slip down through the tube that leads into the scrotum) are very common in men - the cumulative lifetime risk of a man getting one is almost one in three. Given the fact that at your age, you're growing and have also probably started to really exercise hard (in terms of lifting lots of weight) in recent years, it is not surprising that one could show up.

If it is a hernia it can be readily fixed! It does involve surgery, but hernia surgeries are some of the most common surgeries performed.

Comment

i feel alot better now that i know whats going on and why i have been experiencing as symptoms! Thank you so much for all of your information it makes me feel great that i can talk to people about what i am feeling!

Comment

Working...
                X