X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 72olrac
    • Sep 2011

Can someone explain?

Ok so im 14 and last fall i went to the doctor for a physical so i could do cross country running. He said everything was fine, and everything felt fine to me during the season. Then in spring, i started lacrosse. About halfway into the season, i started noticing minor pain in the left testicle. It only hurt if i was running around alot though. This fall, i started soccer, and the pain hasnt gotten worse but hasnt gone away either. Ive also recently noticed a few lumps in the left testicle. I havent told anyone yet because im too embarassed. So i was wondering,
    1. Do i have tc?
    2. Is there any way to self diagnose and/or treat it?
    I would appreciate anything you know. Thanks!
    Last edited by 72olrac; 09-20-11, 07:02 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
  • Scott
    Administrator
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by 72olrac View Post
    1. Do i have tc?
    2. Is there any way to self diagnose and/or treat it?
    There are explanations much more likely than testicular cancer, but the best things to do are self-examine, talk to a parent, and give your doctor a call.
    Scott
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• 72olrac
      • Sep 2011

Thanks

Thank you so much for your help! Does anyone have any idea what i might have though?

Comment

• Scott
        Administrator
        • Jul 2003

Be careful with self-diagnosis, but do check out this page for some possible answers.
        Scott
        right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• BarclayBanister
          • Aug 2010

You have no reason whatsoever to be embarrassed about this. Tell your parents and/or go to the dr. soon. It may not be (and probably isn't) tc. But this is nothing to play around with and nothing to be ashamed of. Only a qualified medical professional can diagnose whatever it is. This board is great but shouldn't take the place of seeing a dr.

Comment

• Scott
            Administrator
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BarclayBanister View Post
            This board ... shouldn't take the place of seeing a dr.
            I emphatically agree!
            Scott

Comment

• 72olrac
              • Sep 2011

Thanks

Thank you both for all the helpful info. Im really grateful.

Comment

• 72olrac
                • Sep 2011

Other questions

Oh one more thing. I also unfortunately have an infection on my penis which has similar symptoms to penile yeast infection. I also noticed it somewhat recently and was wondering if the two might be linked somehow? Anyways, thanks again

Comment

• Eugene
                  • May 2011

While it's certainly possible, the best thing to do in this case would be to see a physician. They would be able to presribe you antibiotics for the infection if needed and if there is concern about the testes an ultrasound. Good luck!

-E
                  Whatever doesn't kill you...
                  Self Dx'ed 4/5/11
                  Radical inguinal orchiectomy 4/15/11
                  T1N0M0 (Stage I) Pure seminoma
                  Surveilance...
                  8mo: all clear

Comment

• 72olrac
                    • Sep 2011

Thank you

Thank you!

Comment

• 72olrac
                      • Sep 2011

Pain went away

I had soccor again today and felt no pain whatsoever. After doing some more research, im pretty sure i have varicose veins. I still havent told anybody about any of this.

Comment

• val
                        • Feb 2010

Hi,

I know it is very hard to talk about these things but it is very important that you go and get it checked it out just to confirm that it not TC. I am sure your Mam and Dad will support you and will just be happy for you being so sensible and finding this forum and getting information and dealing with the problem.

The only person who can confirm what you actually have is doctor with the aid of an ultrasound. I have fingers crossed that it does not turn out to be tc and we have had a few new members in the last few months who in deed got this result. The waiting and worrying is much worse that actually going to doc and getting it checked.

Take care
                        Val Brother (23 when diagnosed) : Dianosed 14/09/2009, testicle removed, Non sem diagnosed. Tumour markers 36000 before op and dropped to 17000 after operation.. Chemo started end of september 4 x BEP. Tumour markers normal at end of chemo. RPLND 26 Feb 2010 No cancer found. Latest Appointment November 2013- CT and markers normal http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/core/...es/biggrin.pnghttp://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/core/...es/biggrin.pnghttp://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/core/...es/biggrin.png

Comment

• Matt's mom
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 72olrac View Post
                          I had soccor again today and felt no pain whatsoever. After doing some more research, im pretty sure i have varicose veins. I still havent told anybody about any of this.
                          I don't want to scare you but my son had pain in his testicle, and felt a lump. He too didn't think anything about it. It went away for a few months and then one weekend he began to experience a lot of pain in his testicle, on a Monday he went to the Dr. to have it checked and by Tuesday, he was diagnosed with TC. GO TO THE DR. AND TELL YOUR PARENTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not something you can play around with. My sons TC spread into his abdomen and now it is in his lungs. I can't tell you how much I wish he would have gone when he first had pain. I'm a mom and you have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, I promise.

Please, please listen to all of us and tell someone!!!!

Cheryl

3/11 Rt I/O, chorio/teratoma, stage IIIb, age 21
                          4/11 BEP, failed
                          8/30 RPLND
                          9/7 CT- mets in lungs
                          9/28-11/29 HDC 1-3 at IU, failed
                          11/8 Gemzar/Taxol began, 3 cycles, failed
                          3/12 - 6/15 MEA-5 cycles, failed
                          7/4 Etopiside started
                          7/9 Two seizures, one brain met found
                          7/26 Radiation for brain met
                          8/29 Right lung surgery
                          10/4 Brain surgery to remove bleeding tumor
                          10/20 Hospice
                          11/5 Passed away, age 23

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/matthewmartinez

Comment

• BarclayBanister
                            • Aug 2010

72, you would be well-advised to follow Matt's Mom's advice. Although her son had pain, TC is indeed many times a painless lump---mine was and I discovered the lump by pure accident; there was no pain involved. 72, I repeat NO ONE OTHER THAN A DR. can diagnose your problem no matter how many of us you ask, and no matter how much internet research you do. Get this checked out ASAP! It is probably nothing, but listen to Matt's mom--this is nothing to play around with or ignore just hoping it will go away. I can't blame you because I may have been the same way at your age, but now I, as well as everyone on this forum, speaks from experience when we tell you the sooner you see a dr. the better.

Comment

• mpbro
                              • Jul 2010

A friend of mine relayed a story from his high school days:

"A guy I went to school with had TC. He was too embarrased to tell anyone and by the time he went to the doctor it was highly advanced. He was dead less than a year after diagnosis."
                              7/2010: stage 1B mixed NSGCT. Left I/O + 1X BEP. TRT (pellets). All clear as of 8/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X