X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this bump?

A week ago I found this bump on my right testicle. It came out of nowhere. It felt like it was a bump protruding from the testicle and was about the size of a pea. Roughly in the middle on the side away from the epididymis.

Now it's been a week and it's maybe grown a little in size, but nothing real noticeable. My groin feels sore and the bump is tender to touch and feels a little "heavy". Ibuprofen helps for maybe half of the day.

Any idea on what it could possibly be? And I'm going to the doctors Thursday. Just looking for what it could possibly be.

First, good job at contacting your doctor right away and not ignoring it. Unfortunately, only your doctor will really be able to tell what it is. If you can get an ultrasound, that would also tell you a lot.
    7/15/11 Right I/O
    90% EC, 10% Seminoma, LVI, CT scan and Chest x-rays clear
    8/22/11 RPLND, all clean

Comment

Good thing I went. Turns out it is TC. Waiting for an appointment with the urologist.

Comment

Tylur,
        Very sorry to hear the tough news. If you've been reading the forums, you already know you aren't alone. All I can tell you at this point is to try to expedite the urologist appointment and orchiectomy, tumor marker blood tests, and CT scans of your torso. Surgery may sound scary, but the I/O is relatively simple. You'll be sore for a while but back to normal before you know it. Most of us agree that the waiting can be the hardest part.

Fire away with questions.
        Paul
        "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
        Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but know that treatment (if even necessary beyond the orchiectomy) is very effective against TC. Keep us updated and feel free to ask any questions to the forum.
          7/15/11 Right I/O
          90% EC, 10% Seminoma, LVI, CT scan and Chest x-rays clear
          8/22/11 RPLND, all clean

Comment

Working...
          X