X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried 16yo

Hello, name's Tim, 16 years old and from Austria.

I think it's been about 2 years, that I first noticed a 1cm^3 sized lump on the bottom of my right testicle. I went to see the doctor short after the I had found it. He explained to me, after ultrasound, it would be a cyst, which I could have gotten because of a cold, and recommended to use some sort of ointment. After a few days of usage the "cyst" really disappeared (which is actually not really cancer-like I guess) and I was happy to live a few weeks without the lump. But then it came again, but I didn't worry that much.
    After some time it became (a little) bigger and it did not hurt, but it was a unpleasant feeling when it got touched and now it even starts to feel weird on its own, when I'm lying in bed. Since about yesterday I started to worry about TC the first time, even if I think, that it's probably not cancer since it just disappeared once.
    So my question is, has anybody of you heard about or lived through a similar situation, or know anybody who does/did?

(Of course I'm going to seen the doctor soon ^^)

Thanks~

Mate

Is the lump attached to the testicle?

Have you checked out the self check video here http://www.tc-cancer.com/about/self-exam.html ?

Its good that your doctor review you with an ultra sound last time. If there is something there see the doctor again.

Kiwi
    >>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

I had a similar experience. How long has it been since your first ultrasound? For me it was important that once I had an ultrasound to learn what your cyst is by feel of self-exam. Once you understand your cyst you need to contact your doctor if you have any changes. I eventually developed TC in the same testicle. The cysts for me were soft in feel where the tumor was hard. I hope this helps you.
      I/O 09/18/12 Stage 1a 100% EC
      1xBEP 10/29
      AFP: 2 01/02/12
      BHCG: <1 01/02/12

CT All Clear 12/20/12
      Chest X-ray All Clear 01/02/12

Comment

Hello Tim
        I had such an experience. The cyst can really disappear. Cysts respond to treatment, but not all. All right, malignant tumors, do not behave like this. Most likely you have a cyst. It is possible that you are still growing. The bodies are still being formed..I hope for your recovery!!)

Comment

Working...
        X