X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filally told parent and doctor.

Let me start off by saying that I know it wa stupid to put off telling my doctor and parents but today I finally emailed my doctor and told my parents what was ping on, for a while now I have had significant pain in my testicles, and have had a lump on one. In the past couple months I have noticed blood in my seamen. And significant testicular swelling. I am 24 and would like some advice on questions to ask the doctor when I talk to him? As I said I know it was stupid to be embarrassed to say something to the doctor before this. There is no excuse for it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mate - this could be a range of things but you should see the doctor. There is self check and a good vid here http://www.tc-cancer.com/about/self-exam.html . See the doctor - they will do an exam and subject to what they "see" should send you for an Ultra Sound exam, suject to the findings of the Ultra Should you will work from there. Ask all the questions you need to here.

Just be up front and talk to the doc openly and yip u are likely to be embarrassed but remember its a fairly normal thing for a professional doctor.

When are you seeing the doc?
    >>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Seeing the doctor Thursday

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
      Mate - this could be a range of things but you should see the doctor. There is self check and a good vid here http://www.tc-cancer.com/about/self-exam.html . See the doctor - they will do an exam and subject to what they "see" should send you for an Ultra Sound exam, suject to the findings of the Ultra Should you will work from there. Ask all the questions you need to here.

Just be up front and talk to the doc openly and yip u are likely to be embarrassed but remember its a fairly normal thing for a professional doctor.

When are you seeing the doc?
      Thank you for the quick reply, I am seeing the doctor on Thursday morning. He has scheduled a sonogram,
      Blood tests and a couple other tests. I checked out that video a few days ago and finally realized how dumb it is/was to be embarrassed about this
      I will keep everyone updated,

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyeighties View Post
        Thank you for the quick reply, I am seeing the doctor on Thursday morning. He has scheduled a sonogram,
        Blood tests and a couple other tests. I checked out that video a few days ago and finally realized how dumb it is/was to be embarrassed about this
        I will keep everyone updated,
        Crazyeighties,

Any news ? Dumb as it was not going, just as smart it is that you finally did go ! You made the right choice in the end !

It's just such a very delicate subject, especially on your age, I had them same age on my 1st diagnosis.. So I can imagine it was not easy to open up your book.

I am wondering how you are doing right now, I hope everything is ok with you.

TheDutchMan
        I'm here to give and get information about TC any registered member may contact me private here or on skype

1st diagnosis : Nov. 29th 2005 - Left side
        Stage I - Non-seminoma - Orchiectomy - Observation

2nd diagnosis : Feb. 18th 2013 - Right side
        Stage I - Non-seminoma - Orchiectomy - Observation

3rd diagnosis : Dec. 22nd 2013 - Relapse lymf node near right kidney 29mm tumor
        Getting 4x EP at this very moment

Comment

Working...
        X