X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about a relapse

On May 2012 I discovered that I had Testicular cancer in my left testicle, that had not spread beyond the testicle, EC. A week and a half ago I've been feeling a strange feeling in my abdomen, no pain just a strange feeling and my mind naturally thinks it cancer related, I'm scheduled for a Ct scan soon. I just want other people's real life stories and what symptoms they experienced and felt before they discovered metastasis. Maybe this might help other people. Figure out if there symptoms are cancer related
    26 years old On 4/17/2012 felt a mild pain on/off one 3rd of bottom of left testicle felt hard
    5/05/2012 had ultrasound and discovered mass that was 95 % chance of being cancer
    5/14/2012 left testicle became swollen at work all week on/off
    5/18/2012 had left side orchitomry biopsy report was PT1 100% embroyal carcinoma without Vascular invasion confined to the testicle dimensions of tumor 2 x2 x2 cm
    Chest X-Ray all clear
    7/10/2012 CT all clear
    7 /17/2012 Pet scan all Clear
    Blood markers Normal

Its highly likly that this is just nerves about the upcoming CT. Fairly normal. But if it increases or plays on your mind too much see the doc.
    >>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Originally posted by Abram's View Post
      I just want other people's real life stories and what symptoms they experienced and felt before they discovered metastasis.
      For most guys, there are absolutely no symptoms of metastasis,so anything you are feeling is probably something else, most likely nerves. Very advanced cases can cause pain, but your surveillance should pick up any growth long before you'd notice anything at all.

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thanks again for the reply's Dave and kiwi, before I knew I had Tc, I had night sweats. 1 or 2 times not sure if it was cancer related symptoms, I also had a little blood In my semen once and a mild pain in my left testicle, if it wasn't for the pain I wouldn't have known, till it was in a advanced stage. I feel lucky, in some ways. Anyways my doctor has been. Giving blood test only to check my markers, every 3 months, my last blood test was 3 weeks ago All normal. how accurate are blood markers at detecting cancer for 100% embroyal carcinoma. I did have one round of Bep, after they gave me a Ct and pet that was all clear, more the half a year ago
        Last edited by Abram's; 03-30-13, 11:59 AM.
        26 years old On 4/17/2012 felt a mild pain on/off one 3rd of bottom of left testicle felt hard
        5/05/2012 had ultrasound and discovered mass that was 95 % chance of being cancer
        5/18/2012 had left side orchitomry biopsy report was PT1 100% embroyal carcinoma without Vascular invasion confined to the testicle dimensions of tumor 2 x2 x2 cm
        Chest X-Ray all clear
        7/10/2012 CT all clear
        Blood markers Normal

Comment

. Giving blood test only to check my markers, every 3 months, my last blood test was 3 weeks ago All normal. how accurate are blood markers at detecting cancer for 100% embroyal carcinoma. I did have one round of Bep, after they gave me a Ct and pet that was all clear, more the half a year ago
          Blood markers are a decent indicator if you had elevated markers before your surgery, but are worthless if you did not. Unfortunately, low markers do not guarantee that you do not have cancer. I believe you should be getting periodic CT scans, but I'm not sure how often after 1x carbo.

Dave
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

This past December, 1 year and 6 months out from EPx4 chemo and an RPLND, I was almost positive that I had relapsed, or if I hadn't relapsed had a second primary TC. I had bad pain my remaining left testicle, and all sorts of strange abdominal pain that was persistent in the same location for days/weeks at a time. If you have a tumor big enough it can start to press up against something and cause discomfort and pain. An ultrasound of my lefty showed it to be perfectly fine, and my surveillance check that month was fine too, and the strange pains all seemed to go away around the time of my checkup. Go figure, it was nothing. But it still caused me nearly 6 weeks of extreme anxiety and PTSD, and mild depression for a month or two thereafter. It's going to be April tomorrow and I'm just barely getting back to normal from this.

So it's probably nothing in your case as well, but the feelings of anxiety and worry and everything are very well understood on my end, believe me.
            Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
            www.stevepake.com
            https://www.facebook.com/yacancerbysteve/
            Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
            My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
            C
            ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

When is your appointment for the CT scan?
              Have your nerves settled at all?
              20Mar2013 :: Tumor found. AFP 694 | β-HCG 1901 | LDH 210
              29Mar2013 :: left inguinal radical orchiectomy
              01Apr2013 :: 70% Yolk sac|20% Choriocarcinoma|8% Embryonal carcinoma|2% Mature teratoma| No LVI

Comment

Thank you S P, that helped calm my nerves a little, sorry for late reply, I had my. CT scan on the 12th, it's been a week. And I haven't got my results, I'm scheduled to see my doctor May 24th but if my Ct scan didn't show up clear, wouldn't my doctor call and schedule me for a earlier appointment? I'm hoping everything in the scan came out normal
                Chest X-Ray all clear
                7/10/2012 CT all clear
                Blood markers Normal

Comment

Thank you S P, that helped calm my nerves a little, sorry for late reply, I had my. CT scan on the 12th, it's been a week. And I haven't got my results, I'm scheduled to see my doctor May 24th but if my Ct scan didn't show up clear, wouldn't my doctor call and schedule me for a earlier appointment? I'm hoping everything in the scan came out normal
                  You'd think so, but you never know. Give his office a call and ask for the results and for somebody to call you back.
                  Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
                  www.stevepake.com
                  https://www.facebook.com/yacancerbysteve/
                  Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
                  My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
                  C
                  ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

Working...
                  X