young, scared, and really, really worried.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vusion
    • Jul 2006

young, scared, and really, really worried.

i am absolutely scared. i don't even remember the last time i cried...but recently i've broken down many, many times because i think i have TC. i'm 25 years old.

i have a lump next to my right testes..i believe its not on or in it..but next to it..i've had slight discomfort/pain in my lower abdomen...it seems like when im standing up or laying down..the discomfort/pain decreases..but increases a little bit when im sitting....

there is no history of cancer in my family (to the best of my knowledge)

i've been a smoker for 3 years, and have tried quitting everyday for the past year..but have been unsuccessful..until recently, because im really scared that i have TC.. i tried everything to quit smoking, but nothing worked.. except my own genuine fear that i have cancer. it amazes me that it took something so serious for me to finally quit smoking and fully appreciate life.

i'm tearing as i write this because i don't know who to talk to or to turn to..
    thanks (in advance) for all of your help. god bless all of you.
  • Scott
    Administrator
    • Jul 2003

What you describe doesn't sound like cancer, but make yourself an appointment with your doctor or a urologist today. It's OK to be scared, but it's important to take action.
    Scott
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• Scott
      Administrator
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by vusion
      i tried everything to quit smoking, but nothing worked.. except my own genuine fear that i have cancer. it amazes me that it took something so serious for me to finally quit smoking and fully appreciate life.
      Congratulations on quitting smoking! Keep it up!
      Scott
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• Karen
        • Mar 2006

I second Scotts congrats on quitting smoking....nasty habit, and that you need to take action, pick up the phone, and get it checked. There are a lot of things it can be besides TC and getting yourself all worked up isn't getting this resolved. Good luck, let us know the results, and stay away from smoking!
        Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

• freakedout
          • Jul 2006

im 19 and i have a lump the size of a marble...

whent to the doctors 4 days ago got an ultrasound.. turned out its a cyst..

dont worry !!

Comment

• MROSE
            • Jun 2006

Hi, and welcome! I know you are freaking out right now - and of course the one thing to do to calm your fears is to get checked out and receive expert advice from a urologist. TC is almost always related to a tumor INSIDE the testicle, not around. TC also has a very predictable path because of where it starts. The abdominal pain is related to tumors in the pelvic area, and can be related to TC among MANY other things. I know it's hard to face the fear and see a doctor because it makes you feel like there really is a serious issue, but you might be pleasantly surprised. If it is TC - you have PLENTY of support here - any/all of us can help answer some questions. It is an extremely managable/survivable cancer, as I have a loved one who is 23 going through it right now and doing quite well.

If you want to talk, you are more than welcome to send me a message. Good luck and keep us posted!

Melissa

Comment

• vusion
              • Jul 2006

Thank you

Thank you guys for your replies. I called my doctor today to schedule an appointment. I hope everything goes well.

You guys are the best.

What would we do without the internet?
              Better yet, what would this world do without more good people like you guys?

God bless.

btw, thanks for the kudos in regards to being smoke free.

Comment

• MROSE
                • Jun 2006

Now that you are a part of the forum, you have to keep us updated because we will ALL be thinking of you I hope your doctor appointment goes well, and you continue to stay smoke-free. That alone will add years onto your life!

Melissa

Comment

• Scott
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by vusion
                  I called my doctor today to schedule an appointment.
                  Good work! Keep us posted.
                  Scott

Comment

• burgdob
                    • Jan 2006

Welcome, have to add my 2 cents. TC is an opponent that is beaten quite often. Lung Cancer rarely loses. Good job on quitting.

Comment

• Justin123
                      • Jul 2006

scared

Hey scott look im only 12 but im still scared i think i may have tc.

My right testicle hangs way lower and my actall nut is way bigger.

I have like a lumpy thing inside it and it feels like it connects to my nut.

Plz help is that even normall?
                      ..... Anyway can i even get it when im 12?

Comment

• Scott
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2003

Justin, it's possible but would be very unusual. Your best bet is to tell a parent about it and ask a doctor for a medical opinion. Chances are good there's nothing serious going on, but it's better to play it safe.
                        Scott

Comment

• Justin123
                          • Jul 2006

Ty mate

lol cheeers ill try and tell still makes me pretty darm scared

Comment

Working...
                          X