Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide and seek lump at the bottom of left testicle

Hi Guys,

First of all I wish to thank you for being a part of this forum. This is my first post and reason for joining, but I have read a lot of posts and I applaud you all for your efforts in helping and supporting each and every member and guest on this forum.

I am 26 years of age, from London. I have a question regarding a lump I found last Friday [10 days before this post]. After having a hot shower I was carrying out the moisturising process when I noticed a solid hard lump at the bottom of my left testicle. My immediate reaction was 'Oh God'. Upon further examination I realised that this lump may not be on the testicle itself, but instead on the very end of the tail of the epididymis. It could also be right between the connection of the testicle and the epididymis. One of the things I wanted to ensure at this stage was whether it was on the testicle itself or not. Both testicles otherwise felt perfectly normal [firm not hard, smooth no lumps, same size and I think same weight].

Just a quick note on the above point. When I say 'I wanted to ensure... whether it was on the testicle itself or not', I mean I realllllllyyyyy wanted to ensure. Paranoia mixed with ex-warehouse labour hands meant I overdid things slightly. From this point on I felt pain in the testicle, then left groin and buttock, and a straining feeling [when moving/ twisting] from the testicle to about half way up my adbomen area. The weekend passed and the pain eased, but radiated to my leg.

The following day [Monday] at the office I could barely sit, with a lot of discomfort and always needing to readjust. My job now involves sitting in an office, staring at a computer for 9 hours a day. Every morning when I woke up this lump is impossible to find. A bit of looking around and eventually I find it again at the tail of the epididymis connecting to the left testicle. The second day [Tuesday] I got back from the office I could not find it at all, although the pain on my legs got pretty bad [dullness is best description]. On this occasion I figured I will try to ejaculate to see whether this was just a clogging. As soon as I did this there it is again. What scared me at this stage was that the right testicle became harder after ejaculation. Not solid, but hard. The left testicle seemed just as pre-ejaculation. This reappearing lump was smaller, just as hard, but on this occasion I took care when examining so no pain.

Over the past couple of days, no pain anywhere. I have felt a bit faint since Thursday and heavy headed. Friday getting home I almost felt a bit high. Upon continuous examination 2-3 times a day it's almost as if this lump appears and disappears at will, though I suspect it's probably because it's hard to locate. Just today I noticed that the lump was impossible to find until I had a really hard go a locating it. Then I used the toilet to empty my bladder and after that it was gone again. Bit more scrutinisation and here it is. The testicle can feel a bit tender. I also just want to add that in recent months I've felt a greater need to empty my bladder more often (well 4/5 times a day instead of 2/3 previously). Indeed I am very scared, as I sincerely hope this is not cancer. I have an appointment with my GP in a couple of weeks time but a couple of weeks of not knowing may lead to a heart attack, in which case I will have absolutely no need for any concerns about this. Has anyone ever had any similar symptoms to this?

Please accept my warmest regards and best wishes. I sincerely apologise for the length of this post.

I really can't offer much help. You are doing the right thing by seeing your GP. That is the only way to find out what is or is not happening. Over manipulation can cause pain.& should be avoided.It s impossible from a description to say if it is or is not TC, but you should get it checked out to know one way or the other.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Hi Dave. Thanks for your response. I will definitely keep update here when I get some developments.

Comment

Working...
      X