X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to doctor about lump

Hey guys, before anything I would just like to say I have very bad health anxiety and think every like pain is a sign of something deadly, I once thought I for sure had skin cancer and it ended up being a simple bug bite. Anyways, I just went to my doctor I have been going to since I was a kid today and had him feel the lump on my left testical and also the bumps in my inaugural region and this one bump I have on the back of my head. He first felt the testicle and said that testicular cancer does not appear on the very top of my testicle where my bump is and said it is just a symptom of my varacocle I have had for 5 years now. He also felt my abdmomen and said there was nothing there. When he felt the bumps on my head and inaugural area he said they were normal and might just be enlarged because of all the hockey gear I wear everyday and rubs on it. I am still going to go to my urologist for a second opinion but my questions are this: Can you guys feel your inaugural lymph nodes just regularly? He also said that cancerous lymph nodes only appear above or below the collar bone and in the arm pits and in the abdomen, is this true? Where do cancerous lumps usually appear on the testical? And also it's been a year since I first noticed my testical lump, would I have shown other signs by now?
    Thanks everyone!

HI Mark

Even if one could feel lymph nodes how could one properly identify what they're feeling is, in fact, a lymph node? What I'm saying is don't play doctor, go to see your Urologist. The epididymis is located on the posterior of the testicle and rises proximally till it joins the vas deferens. I wonder if what you're feeling is that.
    My lumps grew on the bottom and on the lower right side of my left testicle. You'd know right away if there was something off, especially if there is a dull ache, heaviness and/or more tenderness than usual in the testicle. However, some people don't feel anything at all. I felt the lump and at first, it didn't bother me, this was probably around 12/20/16. Then a few days later it started to ache and the mass grew significantly, I also experienced pressure in my lower abdomen and trouble urinating. I went to see my doc and she set me up for a sonogram and an appointment with a urologist. About 2 weeks after that I had the orchiectomy done. Don't wait, the sooner you find out what is going on the quicker you can treat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Eye View Post
      HI Mark

Even if one could feel lymph nodes how could one properly identify what they're feeling is, in fact, a lymph node? What I'm saying is don't play doctor, go to see your Urologist. The epididymis is located on the posterior of the testicle and rises proximally till it joins the vas deferens. I wonder if what you're feeling is that.
      My lumps grew on the bottom and on the lower right side of my left testicle. You'd know right away if there was something off, especially if there is a dull ache, heaviness and/or more tenderness than usual in the testicle. However, some people don't feel anything at all. I felt the lump and at first, it didn't bother me, this was probably around 12/20/16. Then a few days later it started to ache and the mass grew significantly, I also experienced pressure in my lower abdomen and trouble urinating. I went to see my doc and she set me up for a sonogram and an appointment with a urologist. About 2 weeks after that I had the orchiectomy done. Don't wait, the sooner you find out what is going on the quicker you can treat it.
      Do you have the sonogram at the urologist or do you have to go somewhere else? My doctor gave me the option to go to urologist to get his opinion but didn't mention anything about scans.

Comment

Working...
      X