15 yo - Have a few symptoms of testicular cancer..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imscared
    • Dec 2017

15 yo - Have a few symptoms of testicular cancer..

Hey so about 2-3 weeks ago, I got an erection and after/during that my left (I think?) testicle was having like a dull ache or something and I looked it up and it said testicular torsion, testicular cancer, etc. So it stopped after like 10-15 mins it was just on and off, the next day or day after I got worried and looked up testicular cancer symptoms. They said dull ache in groin, abdomen area and I was kinda worrying about it and an hour or so later I was having like aches in that area... and my testicles started hurting on and off it was sometimes both or just one... I don't think there is any lumps on my testicle, but I noticed that my left one was kinda bigger than my right. It probably could have been like that before but i'm just worried and panicking.

Thanks.
  • imscared
    • Dec 2017

Also forgot to add its been going on for about 2 weeks but now i'm not really getting any pain/aches in testicles but I kind of am getting some in the groin area once in a while..

Comment

• mcintoda
      • Nov 2016

Hi,

Firstly take a deep breath and realize that TC is overall fairly rare. There are many related issues that could cause discomfort including frequent checking. Testicular torsion is very painful according to what I heard from doctors. Hernias in the inginual region also may descent into the scrotum.

The most common situation at diagnosis is painless mass in the testicle. Frequent nut-checks and other teenage related things can lead to irritation and soreness.

If the pain you are experiencing is ratcheting up or doesn't cease, contact your parents and a doctor.

Check your testicles after a shower once a month and no more. become familiar with the smoothness and contact your parents and a doctor if you feel bumps, lumps or pain. The testicle itself should be smooth as a marble. In the back of the testicle is a wet noodle feeling thing which is the epididymis.

If you do feel something off, don't die of embarrassment, tell your parents.
      Age 31 - Portland, OR
      01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
      13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
      27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
      06DEC16 - CT scan clear
      09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
      03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
      18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

• imscared
        • Dec 2017

If the pain stops hurting and stuff, do I still have to go to a doctor?

Comment

• mcintoda
          • Nov 2016

I think its a good idea to discuss with your parents what's going on.
          Age 31 - Portland, OR
          06DEC16 - CT scan clear
          09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).

Comment

• imscared
            • Dec 2017

I can't really feel any lumps or bumps tho.. and i'm kinda scared to tell my parents.

I'm not really getting any aches or pain in my testicles anymore, sometimes near my stomach though.

Comment

• shabby
              • Apr 2017

We can safely conclude that it's not torsion because you're not on the floor crying your face off in agony. Discuss it with your parents. There's nothing to be afraid of. They're both aware you have a dick and balls. Trust me, you won't surprise them. It's likely nothing, but they would know what their health insurance situation is. If it won't cost them much, it wouldn't hurt to have an ultrasound to put your mind at ease.

Comment

• imscared
                • Dec 2017

I might but if I don't have any lumps or anything, do I have testicular cancer?

Comment

• mcintoda
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by imscared View Post
                  I can't really feel any lumps or bumps tho.. and i'm kinda scared to tell my parents.

I'm not really getting any aches or pain in my testicles anymore, sometimes near my stomach though.
                  Glad you don’t feel any bumps. If you wish, I would be happy to write an email to your parents if this would be easier for you. PM me if you wish.
                  Age 31 - Portland, OR
                  06DEC16 - CT scan clear

Comment

• Mike
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2008

Even with testicular cancer, lump and bumps can be hard to feel. I think the most important thing is to make your parents aware so that you can get into a doctor to have thing evaluated, hopefully, with a scrotal ultrasound. If anything knowing for sure what is going on will bring peace of mind.

I realize that talking to your parents can be awkward but it only lasts a few moments and if it is cancer, telling them can save your life. As mcintoda mentioned we can write emails to your parents for you or texts or you can print out this thread and just share it with them. They are not going to be upset or embarrassed but will be upset if it is cancer and things aren't caught early because they weren't aware that anything was going on.

Mike
                    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
                    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
                    06.26.06 Left I/O
                    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
                    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
                    Surveillance...
                    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
                    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• imscared
                      • Dec 2017

I might tell my parents soon.. thank you all.

They aren't hurting anymore, only if I keep checking for lumps it does.

My testicles seem a bit big too.. also the groin area doesn't hurt anymore it was probably because I kept worrying everyday about it.

Comment

• JoeTheAstronaut
                        • Dec 2016

If you are worried, best thing would be to see a doctor - just to make sure! I know it feels weird, but it's one slightly uncomfortable moment of getting checked vs hours of agony and worry over nothing...
                        July 2016 - Left I/O
                        December 2016 - BEPx3
                        All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
                        My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
                        First Oncologist Visit Checklist
                        Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

• Davepet
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by imscared View Post
                          Hey so about 2-3 weeks ago, I got an erection and after/during that my left (I think?) testicle was having like a dull ache or something and I looked it up and it said testicular torsion, testicular cancer, etc. So it stopped after like 10-15 mins it was just on and off, the next day or day after I got worried and looked up testicular cancer symptoms. They said dull ache in groin, abdomen area and I was kinda worrying about it and an hour or so later I was having like aches in that area... and my testicles started hurting on and off it was sometimes both or just one... I don't think there is any lumps on my testicle, but I noticed that my left one was kinda bigger than my right. It probably could have been like that before but i'm just worried and panicking.

Thanks.
                          First thing I want to say is that if your testicles were exactly the same size, that would be very unusual, one is always bigger than the other. Only if the \ size changes is there any cause for concern.This is why regular self exams are important, you can't possibly know if something is "different" unless you know what is "normal""

While some guys fell pain they think is associated with TC, pain is rare, I suspect that most guys who have testicular pain when dxed with TC were lucky to have an unrelated pain that caused the Dx JMHO on that.

Dave
                          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• imscared
                            • Dec 2017

The ache/pain in testicles are gone.. but still kinda have abdomen and groin pain. I wanna go to the doctor but not sure how to tell my parents?

Comment

• vpirh
                              • Sep 2017

Say: “Mom, dad, I have some pain in abdomen, groin. Will you take me to see a doctor?”

Comment

Working...
                              X