Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared to death

Hey everyone

First of all sorry for my bad english. I am 14 years old and i expirienced some tc sympthoms. I had pain in my right
    testicle groin and stomach. I can kind of explain every pain but i am still very scared. I got this testicle pain 2 months ago and it lasted for few secound and dissapeard. I was scared so i examined them every 5 mins and that iritated my tests i think so the pain was coming back. I had some problems with my stomach but it was kind of solved too. Groin pain was there only when i walked. No more that pain anymore. I started to panic when i felt chest pain and rapid heart rate. That also dissapeared but i am kind of paranoid now. Every time i feel any sort of pain i am scared i will die or something. This is kind of more of a psychological problem i think but i cnat ignore the sympthoms. Also I hurt my testicle while playing basketball i felt pain of course and then it disapeared too. I told my parents all of this. My dad took a look at my testicles and said its all normal. They are both medical workers. Not really urologist but they know something about this. Still kind of worried. Please answer as soon as you can. Thank you all.
    Last edited by Kidos; 01-26-18, 02:34 PM.

Also I cant feel any lumps... Just usuall veins and sperm tube. My right testicle is a bit bigger which is normal i think. And the right is also a little bit harder but just a little bit almost the same.
    Last edited by Kidos; 01-26-18, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I guess the first thing is are any of the size and firmness changes new? If they are new then that is more concerning.

Since you already spoke with your parents I would just let them know that you are still having issues and that you would like to get a scrotal ultrasound. That really is the only way to tell what is going on inside the scrotum. It is a simple procedure and non-painful and will if nothing else, give you peace of mind.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

My right testicle was always bigger and lower than the left. My dad said it is normal and that he felt the same when he was my age. My familly dont have the history of cancer so i relaxed a bit I think it was anxiety that played the crucial role in my fear. I had insomnia for a few days, rapid heart rate and chest pain which are the symptoms of anxiety.I hope everything will end good for me.

Thanks for quick response Mike

Comment

And yea

If somebody knows how long does it take for tc to spread and kill an untreated person?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidos View Post
            And yea

If somebody knows how long does it take for tc to spread and kill an untreated person?

There is no known timeline but waiting just makes matters worse.

Mike
            Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
            06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
            06.26.06 Left I/O
            06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
            06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
            Surveillance...
            Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
            6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Ultrasound scan please. Myself I waited 2 months after first noticing and that cost me later. Scan please immediately. Wishing you the best!

Aug 07 - Stage 1 - Pure seminoma - Right orchidectomy + surveillance
              May 09 - Stage 2a - 1 cm node in para-aortic region
              June 09 - 20 X RT (25Gy to full lymphs, extra 10 Gy to node)
              Sept 09 - All Clear
              Mar 10 - All Clear
              Jul 10 - All Clear
              Nov 10 - All Clear
              Aug 11 - All Clear
              Feb 12 - All Clear
              Dec 12 - All Clear
              Dec 13 - All Clear

Comment

Most of my sympthoms passed thankfully. My testicles and groin dont hurt anymore. Turned out groin pain was due to muscle stretching because i did some exercises. Lower belly and lower back are painless. Have some stomach pains after meals and that is it. I was scared that cancer traveled to my lungs because of chest pain. No coughing though. Just i sometimes lose my breath when i am talking to much. Ultrasound is the way to find out everything if everything is all right but i need to stay positive. Hope someone will write more opinions on all this...

Comment

I'm going to have an ultrasound in tuesday. Hope everything will be good.

Comment

Glad to hear that.it is the only way to get peace of mind.

Dave
                    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Yeah, that is what i wanted. My parents agreed after all. The main reason is lump behind my ear. My doctor said it is lymph node. She took a look at my mouth and noticed a big tooth decay. She said that could be a reason. I have it for 6 days now. It is not growing which is good I think. Even if i have cancer I should also have high chance to survive it, right?

Comment

Also, if the cancer really did spread to my neck shouldn't I alrewdy expirience something like a weight loss? Since i noticed my sympthoms back in december i gained 3 kilograms. And i am hard gainer And If i have tc will my age make any diffrence.

Comment

One step at a time, first find out if there is even problem. However, to answer your questions, TC is highly treatable even advanced cases are often successfully treated. Also, the neck is not a common area for TC to spread, I would get that tooth taken care of & I bet that node goes down.

Dave
                          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thank you, you just gave me a big relief. I can't wait for Tuesday to finally see if I am healthy or not.

Comment

Just had my ultrasound. My doctor found 2 cysts... needless to say he scared the s**t out of me when he said that. Than he called an expert. The expert dock said the smaller cyst is harmless and that its rather a small tube. The big one is on the head of epidydims somthing like that. It is not cancer. I am so happy right now. I still need to have a surgery however. Dock said the cyst may block sperm pathway so i should remove it. Thats it. Its not cancer. But it could be. Pls do your ultrasounds when you notice first sympthoms. Thank you all for your kind words.

Comment

Working...
                              X