X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kidos,
    That's great news! Breathe a sigh of relief and celebrate!
    I hope your surgery goes well.
    Painless lump 5/18/2017
    Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
    Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
    No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

Yeah, thank you.

Comment

Glad to hear it's nothing life-threatening.Surgery is never fun, but you get through it. I've had about 7 now & each one was a bit different,but yours should be fairly easy to deal with. Please let us now how it turns out. Best of luck!

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

My surgery will take place in monday. I had some luck and one patient canceled his surgery so doctors called me.I am actually more scared of interaction with needle. They need some blood tests. I will sleep during surgery so yeah. I don't think there is a big risk with my operation I mean they will just remove the cyst not the actual testicle. I will tell you more after all this. Thank you for beeing interested in my case.

Comment

It is done. My surgery was awesome. Doctors said i can go home tomorrow and that is sooo good. I had some headache but now i am ok. This chapter of my life is now over. Thank you all for supporting me through this journey.

Comment

hey, im 12. I have a ton of little white things all around my scrotum. they kind of look like pimples. they have been there for around three weeks but im thinking it could just be the underwear I wore for a while (it was super tight..) there were no differences between my testicles or anything, is this normal?

Comment

to SCAREDDUDE- not a male, but believe what you are referring to is completely normal.
                Son Grant
                dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Testicular tumors are usually solid masses on the testicle itself and not on the surface of the scrotum. I am not sure what you are referring to, whether it is pimples, infected hairs, etc. but I would not really be concerned from a cancer perspective. But if the situation gets worse or does not improve/resolve quickly, then I wouldn't hesitate to have a doctor take a look so that you know what is going on.

Mike
                  Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
                  06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
                  06.26.06 Left I/O
                  06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
                  06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
                  Surveillance...
                  Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
                  6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Originally posted by scareddude View Post
                    hey, im 12. I have a ton of little white things all around my scrotum. they kind of look like pimples. they have been there for around three weeks but im thinking it could just be the underwear I wore for a while (it was super tight..) there were no differences between my testicles or anything, is this normal?
                    Old post, but this is called scrotal folliculitis
                    Dx: 10/4/10
                    Blood Results for tumor markers came back Normal.
                    Surgery/ Left I/O: 10/26/10
                    11/2/10 - Pathology report came in, 100% seminoma with no evidence of cord invasion. 3 foci, 1.1cm, 0.6cm, and 0.3cm.
                    11/3/10 - CT scan of Pelvis and Chest is clear, no abnormalities.
                    11/18/10- Surveillance
                    10/26/11 - All Clear

Comment

Working...
                    X