X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please - lump

well i've found a lump on my left testicle. its on the top and its hard, i can't move it though i can move the skin around it. i think it might be getting bigger. i've been feeling a slight ache down there and a few months ago occasionally my scotum would hurt quite badly for a little while, usually after urinating. this only happened about 3 times and it only lasted a little while. it was more like a cramp.
    im feeling really scared and am about to tell my dad this afternoon, although im feeling very nervous about telling someone even though i know I can talk to my dad reliably. is there any way to make talking to him easier?? and does this sound like TC? thankyou so much for being there to confide in it feels good to tell someone and i will tell my dad this afternoon.

Sorry you have to deal with the distress and aches. One way to start an uncomfortable conversation with parents is to tell them that you were doing a testicular self-exam like you learned about in Health class, and you've had a little discomfort. Women have been more open about breast exams for a long time, but guys tend to lag behind anything medical. I'm sure your parents would understand and set up a doctors appointment. If you were my son, we would be there this morning.

I really hope this is a minor, easily fixed problem. But don't delay.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by Paul54; 04-24-09, 06:52 AM.
    "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
    Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

HI Jupz...I hope you were able to talk to your Dad about this and that you have made an appointment to see your doctor. A simple ultrasound and bloodwork can help with a determination. Good luck!
      Maria
      *Hubby Andy diagnosed 02/13/07, Left IO 02/16/07 *Stage 1A Non-Seminoma (65% Immature Teratoma / 35% Embryonal Carcinoma) *RPLND 04/27/07 Lymph Nodes-ALL CLEAR
      *Complications from Chylous Ascites so Laparotomy 05/03/07 *No food for 10 weeks, TPN only *07/18/07 Removed drains, tubes, picc line *CT Scan 07/31/07-ALL CLEAR
      *CT Scan 02/12/08-ALL CLEAR *Hydrocele surgery 06/19/08 *CT Scan 9/30/08 and 03/06/09 shows <cm left lung nodule - under surveillance

Comment

Hey bud,
        Definitely talk to your parents about it as this isn't something you should have to deal with alone. Also try to get in to see the doctor asap its hard to tell what it could be without bloodwork and an ultrasounds. But if it does end up being less then favorable the sooner you get it taken care of the better.

Matt
        Diagnosed Sept 26th 2008 Both AFP and HGC slightly elevated 1.1cm Lump found right testicle with small satellite lesions, CT scan negative.
        Right Radical Orcidectomy Oct 2nd 2008
        Markers Normalized 1 Week Post Surgery on to surveillance
        End of Nov AFP rose to 44.5, CT scan Negative
        3xBEP Dec-Feb
        March-APF normalized on to surveillance again
        May 6th-CT 4.5cm tumor in abdomen, tumor markers normal.
        RPLND May 26th 2009 found teratoma
        On to surveillance
        All Clear as of Sept 2011

Comment

Hey Jupz,

Any update bro??
          Best,

Zsolt

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another; "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S Lewis

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

Mass found 11/20/08
          Left I/O 11/25/08
          Pathology: Seminoma, Stage 1
          Surveillance: All Clear since

Comment

Working...
          X