X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 and probably overreacting

I was examining my testicles in the shower yesterday and felt a hardish lump on the top of my left testicle. it seems to be attached to something that is in turn attached to the testicle but I had no idea what to think. I'm really scared right now but I wanna know some more info before I tell my parents (only a little nervous about it) and going to the doctor.

Before I answer your post, please be aware that no one here is a doctor and if you have any doubts whatsoever, you should seek counsel from a trained medical professional.

The above aside, it sounds very likely that you are dealing with the epididymis. TC is typically a hard lump that presents on the testicle or may not be a lump at all and inside the testicle.

Although I do not believe we are dealing with TC here, telling your parents your worry is always a good idea and a quick and painless ultrasound will put it to rest.

Let us know.
    Best,

Zsolt

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another; "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S Lewis

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

Mass found 11/20/08
    Left I/O 11/25/08
    Pathology: Seminoma, Stage 1
    Surveillance: All Clear since

Comment

thanks alot. This has made me much less nervous

Comment

Teendavid, as Aegean said it could be the epididymis or a myriad of other things, but it would be a good idea to talk to your parents and go see the doctor just incase, its one of those better safe then sorry situations. Plus if it did end up being something early detection is important.
        Diagnosed Sept 26th 2008 Both AFP and HGC slightly elevated 1.1cm Lump found right testicle with small satellite lesions, CT scan negative.
        Right Radical Orcidectomy Oct 2nd 2008
        Markers Normalized 1 Week Post Surgery on to surveillance
        End of Nov AFP rose to 44.5, CT scan Negative
        3xBEP Dec-Feb
        March-APF normalized on to surveillance again
        May 6th-CT 4.5cm tumor in abdomen, tumor markers normal.
        RPLND May 26th 2009 found teratoma
        On to surveillance
        All Clear as of Sept 2011

Comment

Working...
        X