X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Assistance for Sperm Banking

I'll be undergoing radiation soon and in talks with local sperm bank facilities I was directed towards the Sharing Hope program. It is a partnership with the Lance Armstrong Foundation which provides financial help for individuals who cannot, or find it hard to, fund sperm banking. In short you send them your information, have your oncologist sign some papers that verify you have been diagnosed and will undergo treatment which could possibly render you infertile, show that you make less that $50k per year, and they will partially or completely cover the cost of initial sperm banking and one year of storage. I applied and was approved for sperm banking at less than 50% of what the bank charges for private citizens. This is a huge help to someone like me who has limited income. I want to share this information for anyone who is interested in sperm banking but does not have the $500 - $1,000 required for the initial visit. You must make an appointment at a sperm bank on your own. I made my appointment and decided I was going no matter what, but at the lab tech's suggestion I filled out the Sharing Hope application and within two business days I received an email and phone call confirming that I would receive over 50% discounted rate for sperm banking. From the website; "Fertile Hope's Sharing Hope Program for Men increases access to sperm banking for newly diagnosed cancer patients whose medical treatments present the risk of infertility. Fertile Hope does not provide funding to patients, but instead has worked with companies and clinics to arrange for discounted services for eligible male cancer patients."

Official website: http://www.fertilehope.org/financial...rm-banking.cfm

Simply print and fill out the application then fax and within one business week you will have a confirmation/denial email.

Advanced apologies for duplicate information, just want to make sure everyone knows this program exists and is there to help.

I would try this site: http://www.fertilehope.org/financial...rm-banking.cfm

They are called Fertile Hope and work with Livestrong.

Mary Ann
    CaregiverSon Josh 23yr Dx 3/5/08 IIIC NonSeminoma affected lung, kidney liver back & tumor/clots in vena cava & celiac artery 3/7/08 L I/O 3/30/08 PostOp surgery 4XEP (VP16 & Cisplatin) 3/12-5/25 LDH > 5000 & AFP 145 (3/5 pre-op) LDH 563 & AFP 4 (5/26 after 4Xchemo) off blood thinners 3/18/09 Surveillance per Dr E 8/4/08 *1/2012 ALL CLEAR!

Self 1/29/09 dx thyroid cancer metastasized to right lung 2/10 thyroid removd 4/17 rx RA131 5/11/10 &7/16/10. 1/12survellience

Comment

I've exchanged e-mail with, and recently met, a woman who works for ReproTech, a long-term cryostorage facility that participates in Sharing Hope and also offers its own financial assistance program for sperm storage, Verna’s Purse, as well as the OverNite Male Kit for sperm banking by mail. It's good to know there are options available.
      Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

Working...
      X